What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where you really run into an issue is where the equipment uses a little rubber diaphragm to pump or regulate fuel.

Most mowers are just gravity feed into the carb, then just your standard venturi effect through the jets.
Those don't really have an issue, unless you store it with fuel in the carb.

With trimmers and chainsaws, you have a metering diaphragm that goes bad.

Say on my chain saw, it's common for it to sit for long periods unused.

I always try and test it before i take it out to loan it or what ever.
I try and keep a minimum of two carb kits on hand for it... lol

If i let it sit with fuel, then i usually need to slap in a new diaphragm at a minimum.

My boat, is a 4 cylinder 1800cc (iirc) two stroke.
It has to pull fuel from a larger tank that sits lower than the engine.

It has two diaphragm fuel pumps.
Those go hard and you end up running lean if you're not on top of it.

Pure gas in theory makes it las longer.
But those diaphragms get replaced yearly, along with the water pump impeller.
Should buy Stihl. I have had my Stihl chainsaw and weed eater for 10-15 years also, also with zero problems. I leave them full in the winter. Never an issue, they both start with 1-2 pulls every spring.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Where you really run into an issue is where the equipment uses a little rubber diaphragm to pump or regulate fuel.

Most mowers are just gravity feed into the carb, then just your standard venturi effect through the jets.
Those don't really have an issue, unless you store it with fuel in the carb.

With trimmers and chainsaws, you have a metering diaphragm that goes bad.

Say on my chain saw, it's common for it to sit for long periods unused.

I always try and test it before i take it out to loan it or what ever.
I try and keep a minimum of two carb kits on hand for it... lol

If i let it sit with fuel, then i usually need to slap in a new diaphragm at a minimum.

My boat, is a 4 cylinder 1800cc (iirc) two stroke.
It has to pull fuel from a larger tank that sits lower than the engine.

It has two diaphragm fuel pumps.
Those go hard and you end up running lean if you're not on top of it.

Pure gas in theory makes it las longer.
But those diaphragms get replaced yearly, along with the water pump impeller.
I run my saw out of gas after the season is over or if it will sit more than 30 days.
I have always stored my equipment dry with no gas in them.

I do run on non-ethanol premium tho too.

But nit the boat, thats a good point about the boat.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Should buy Stihl. I have had my Stihl chainsaw and weed eater for 10-15 years also, also with zero problems. I leave them full in the winter. Never an issue, they both start with 1-2 pulls every spring.

I run my saw out of gas after the season is over or if it will sit more than 30 days.
I have always stored my equipment dry with no gas in them.

I do run on non-ethanol premium tho too.

But nit the boat, thats a good point about the boat.

I am a big Echo fan. I run this fuel in my 2 strokes, 95 octane premix with stabilizer. I get it cheap from my job:

For my straight gas lawn tractor and 2 stroke Evinrude I run 89 octane and this year round. I even run some through the Hoe from time to time:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Their trimmer kicks butt! Very torquey! Runs very strong. Just firing it up and idling gives me a b-o-n-e-r. :)

My SRM-210 trimmer looks like hell but always fires up and has plenty of power. I got it 12+ years ago from a neighbor who got it off the side of the road. It fell off a lawn trailer when a truck passed and skidded under his truck, between the wheels. It didn't run long for him cuz he ran it with no air filter (lost when it fell and he didn't know any better). I cleaned the carb and bought a new air filter and cover and have been wielding it ever since. Once warm, I can start it by pinching the pull handle with my finger and thumb and giving it a very half-assed little yank, maybe one or two compression stroke's worth.

My PB-500T backpack blower (gift from ex-wife) seized after very little use- easily less than 10 hours. I broke it in per manufacturer's specs, always let it warm up and cool down, etc. I rebuilt it and started running 32:1 ratio using synthetic oil and high octane gasoline.

Both barely smoke and it's only visible at idle. 32:1 is a hair too strong but it's harmless and really easy to measure out so I run with that. Between that and the high octane, I've noticed smoother and higher revving from both.

I'd say Stihl is king, but Echo is close in reliability for considerably less cost.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the throttle body off, some of the bolts and nuts were a little loose and cleaned the throttle body on both sides. It was filthy. I've cleaned it before without removing it a few times but did the back side today. Fired right up fine afterwards. I'll make a test run later.

The PCV air inlet hose o-ring, not so sure it is sealing well. RA has the whole piece for $6 so might put one on the next order. Really, just need the blue o-ring.

Daughter a few months ago put some kind of wax on all the black plastic trim. Looked good for a while and then turned everything white. Now that my strength is returning, I went out yesterday and scrubbed the grill and passenger running board and got about 2/3 of the stuff off. Couple more afternoons and I should have made it around the car.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
My SRM-210 trimmer looks like hell but always fires up and has plenty of power. I got it 12+ years ago from a neighbor who got it off the side of the road. It fell off a lawn trailer when a truck passed and skidded under his truck, between the wheels. It didn't run long for him cuz he ran it with no air filter (lost when it fell and he didn't know any better). I cleaned the carb and bought a new air filter and cover and have been wielding it ever since. Once warm, I can start it by pinching the pull handle with my finger and thumb and giving it a very half-assed little yank, maybe one or two compression stroke's worth.

My PB-500T backpack blower (gift from ex-wife) seized after very little use- easily less than 10 hours. I broke it in per manufacturer's specs, always let it warm up and cool down, etc. I rebuilt it and started running 32:1 ratio using synthetic oil and high octane gasoline.

Both barely smoke and it's only visible at idle. 32:1 is a hair too strong but it's harmless and really easy to measure out so I run with that. Between that and the high octane, I've noticed smoother and higher revving from both.

I'd say Stihl is king, but Echo is close in reliability for considerably less cost.
A little extra oil never hurt these engines.
The Husqvarna stuff seems good too

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo