What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, super + pure gas!!
We only have the regular pure gas.

Yeah, I never see this. Most other stations that have non-ethanol have it in 87 only. Also, I can't say I've ever seen 92 octane. It's always 91 or 93. I don't mind E10 at all, especially since my Tahoe is FlexFuel. If mine calculated alcohol content more accurately, I'd run E85.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was years ago, back when minimum wage was like $3.50/hr. The full service pumps were something like 20 cents a gallon more than self serve pumps. Plus the attendant would usually be given a tip also. The last station I remember doing this around here were Shamrock and it closed probably 20 years ago.

I find it odd that it's mandated for an attendant to pump the gas. Is that a state law or county? I wonder if any other states have that also
It’s state law. And it’s illegal at this time to pump your own except in counties where the population doesn’t justify a full time attendant. But that law was passed only a couple years ago. Until then, stations everywhere had to have an attendant but some started closing down so they changed the law for extremely low population areas. The gas isn’t cheaper at the stations without attendants.
yes it's the law in Oregon over the years it has flipped back and forth, you could pump your own then you couldn't then you could again and then you couldn't :nolol:
It’s always been the same except the change I noted above. Everywhere except the boonies, there have always been attendants.
In Jersey it's illegal to pump your own. I've done it plenty of times myself, but now a lot of stations need the attendant's gas card to activate the pump. Since gas has gotten so high they're trying to pass a law to allow you to pump your own, and to get rid of attendants. They're saying by doing this the gas will be cheaper by at least .15. They're full of crap. Like stated, gas's price is dictated by taxes and greed. They'll get rid of attendants and the price will still be the same if not higher.
This is exactly true. The cost of paying attendants doesn’t change the price the stations charge. They charge what they can get away with.

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday, I took it on a 1-hour drive to my aunt's house to visit them and my fam visiting from Texas. Due to traffic and weather, it took two hours. I was forced to stop for gas before getting there but I still passed up a convenient station because it was a Shell. Thinking back after writing that, maybe I'd rather run out of gas than get Shell. o_O

I found another station down a side road about a mile further. They had all non-ethanol gas. $50 got me 9.6 gallons of their 92 octane. :mad: Also, it appeared to be an independent station and I didn't see any fuel branding signs. With how the Universe does me, it was probably Shell gas.

View attachment 370315
Damn thats cheap. Regular is $6.36 in Berkeley and about 10% ethanol

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the family to a museum that I'd been trying to visit since the 1980s. Always passed by it in the dead of night or before it opened. Finally decided to make a day trip and took the girls with me.

Truck ran beautifully but on the return the radio kept blanking out for a second or two. Then it would resume where it left off. As time passed, the cluster would also blank out, all the lights go off and the radio would reboot but resume, the GMC splash screen would come on. Then I noticed that this would happen whenever I used the right turn signal. As time went on, the left turn signal would cause it. Then the wiper fluid, lots of bugs out yesterday trying to block my vision! What's going on? Negative battery cable? Oh, most annoying about this now was that the cruise was cutting off! I first noticed it after passing a truck, flipped the signal to move in front of the guy and didn't notice for a second that the cruise kicked out until his flashing headlights filled my back window! Punched it and resumed speed and began paying attention to the problem!

Pulled into the driveway and shut down the truck and she went dead. No lights, no chimes, no door locks, nothing. Took care of stuff around the house, the dogs, dinner and went looking for my volt meter. Finally found it in the truck (Who put it in there? LOL) and the battery was 12.3 volts, little low but discovered the positive cable was loose.

Tightened that up and all seems well. The truck was bingo fuel so will test it out this afternoon before evening service by myself in case there's a problem.

Gas jumped over a quarter in price around here in the last few days. Going on E85, $3.50 beats $5.25 no matter what.

1652627797517.png

By the way, the museum is awesome. You'll see cars and dragsters in there that exist nowhere else. Brought back a lot of memories too.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s state law. And it’s illegal at this time to pump your own except in counties where the population doesn’t justify a full time attendant. But that law was passed only a couple years ago. Until then, stations everywhere had to have an attendant but some started closing down so they changed the law for extremely low population areas. The gas isn’t cheaper at the stations without attendants.

It’s always been the same except the change I noted above. Everywhere except the boonies, there have always been attendants.

This is exactly true. The cost of paying attendants doesn’t change the price the stations charge. They charge what they can get away with.
I guess it depends, growing up there we pumped our own, but we also did kind of live in the boonies and everybody knew everybody so they probably just didn't care and it was usually under $2 a gallon, I can remember it being .98 cents or 1.68, I could buy cigarette's for my dad if he needed them, 16oz glass soda bottles were ,25, candy for a penny or 2 cents, with $5 you could have a bag full of candy, soda, and a comic with money left over for next time. Funny how times have changed I used to get up at 4:30 and go ride my bike 15-20 miles to go fishing, fish all day and be home by dark, explored everywhere I could get to as kid up down creeks, rivers, up mountains, in the woods any randon direction didn't matter if it was raining or snowing although being wet & cold in the snow sucks but if you build a fire and dry out you'll be fine. Been almost struck by lightening, surprised I am alive still.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends, growing up there we pumped our own, but we also did kind of live in the boonies and everybody knew everybody so they probably just didn't care and it was usually under $2 a gallon, I can remember it being .98 cents or 1.68, I could buy cigarette's for my dad if he needed them, 16oz glass soda bottles were ,25, candy for a penny or 2 cents, with $5 you could have a bag full of candy, soda, and a comic with money left over for next time. Funny how times have changed I used to get up at 4:30 and go ride my bike 15-20 miles to go fishing, fish all day and be home by dark, explored everywhere I could get to as kid up down creeks, rivers, up mountains, in the woods any randon direction didn't matter if it was raining or snowing although being wet & cold in the snow sucks but if you build a fire and dry out you'll be fine. Been almost struck by lightening, surprised I am alive still.
Sounds like my experience growing up in the western Pennsylvania woods. I was a free-range kid; the last of 8, so by the time my parents got to me their attitude was 'just don't get hurt or dead and get your butt home by 5:30 for dinner.' Built campfires in the woods, swung on vines, walked on railroad trestles. The movie "Stand By Me" really hit home for me.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like my experience growing up in the western Pennsylvania woods. I was a free-range kid; the last of 8, so by the time my parents got to me their attitude was 'just don't get hurt or dead and get your butt home by 5:30 for dinner.' Built campfires in the woods, swung on vines, walked on railroad trestles. The movie "Stand By Me" really hit home for me.
ya my wife freaks out if our kids even look like there going to venture out of the block and i'm like pfft I was gone for miles by this time, I don't recall my parents ever having to come look for me even once, they would on occasion drop me off or pick me up wherever it was I wanted to go so I wouldn't have to ride so far

Reaction score
I always had to be home when the street lights came on

Yup, the good ol days, lol

I remember one time I was mad at my parents for something so I decided to run away. I left a note on my bed saying so.

I was gone most of the day. It started getting dark and I was hungry so I came back home and my parents hadn't even seen the note or knew I had even ran away. They thought I was just out galavanting around like I normally did.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was 5 of 6 kids so by the time my parents had to deal with me they didn’t care, just wanted me to not be a bother so I was gone all day. I got a dirt bike when I was about 10 and used to go ride for miles up and down the hill we lived on (1000’) , the neighboring valley, and the next hill over. There were dirt bike trails all over, really well developed ones. This was right on the edge of city limits. There was a viewpoint up the street from my house we called the end of the world. Down below was all the lights of the city. It was a cool place to grow up. Cigarettes were .25 a pack. I smoked by the time I was 12, drank too. Everybody I knew did.

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just made a new transmission tune for the ol tahoe.
About to apply it before i take it on another engine + transmission break-in run.

Also, I hate it in the stock tune when you have a light/mid throttle take off, and then the tcc applies in 2nd gear and bogs everything down. :jester:
I'm sure it's for mileage, but damn!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts