What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Drwinlied

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I looked at Hector in disgust and asked him, WHAT NEXT?! Trans is starting to flare on either 1-2 or 2-3. Going to look into local shops that could just do a full rebuild and beefcake it so I don't feel so bad towing near capacity. That or drive it off a cliff.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
question: how much does your harmonic balancer wobble if it all?
I haven't ever noticed mine wobbling before but looking at it today it caught my eye and I see a very slight wobble, could have been that way I suppose and could be a bit of a optical illusion without a gauge on it.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
question: how much does your harmonic balancer wobble if it all?
I haven't ever noticed mine wobbling before but looking at it today it caught my eye and I see a very slight wobble, could have been that way I suppose and could be a bit of a optical illusion without a gauge on it.

I'd almost think something was wrong if it didn't have a slight wobble.

Reaction score
Today I looked at Hector in disgust and asked him, WHAT NEXT?! Trans is starting to flare on either 1-2 or 2-3. Going to look into local shops that could just do a full rebuild and beefcake it so I don't feel so bad towing near capacity. That or drive it off a cliff.
Probably want's to be driven off a cliff with a name like Hector :party36:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:shrug:
is there a spec on it? like so many mm is ok/no good

I'm sure there is a spec. I had to try to look it up, though. The most helpful I found was this:
I say that's helpful because it seems that these things just inherently wobble and that comment was from someone that sees a lot and agrees. You could yeet $80 at it and replace it and the bolt. But, I wouldn't worry about it unless it gets worse or bad enough to make to make the belt chirp.

*EDIT*

Found a spec:
#PIP4750E: Belt Squeak Noise And/Or Crankshaft Balancer Appears To Wobble - (Feb 10, 2012)
Subject: Belt Squeak Noise and/or Crankshaft Balancer Appears to Wobble

Models: 2010-2012 Chevrolet Camaro SS
2011-2012 Chevrolet Caprice
2009-2012 Chevrolet Corvette
2008-2009 Pontiac G8
with 6.0L 6.2L Engine (RPOs L76 L77 L99, LS3, or LS7)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This PI was superseded to update recommended field. Please discard PIP4750D.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
Some customers may complain of a belt squeak noise and/or a crankshaft balancer appears to be out of balance or wobbling while watching it with the engine running. In most cases, the wobble is an optical illusion because the design of the balancer gives the appearance that it is moving more than it actually is.

Recommendation/Instructions:
If this concern is experienced, follow the steps below:

 1. Push the crankshaft all the way to the rear of the engine.
 2. Using a magnetic base, attach a dial indicator so the measuring tip is contacting the rear of the drive belt groove.
Notice: An inaccurate reading may be obtained by measuring the face of the balancer instead of the rear of the drive belt groove.

 3. Rotate the crankshaft 360 degrees and note the total amount of crankshaft balancer run out.
◦If the balancer run out is 0.40mm (0.0157”) or less, do not replace the balancer because the run out is in specification.
◦If the balancer run out is greater than 0.40mm, replace the crankshaft balancer and perform step 3 again to confirm that the run out of the new balancer is in specification.
 4. If the customer has complained of a belt squeak, also replace the drive belt.
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.
GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure there is a spec. I had to try to look it up, though. The most helpful I found was this:
I say that's helpful because it seems that these things just inherently wobble and that comment was from someone that sees a lot and agrees. You could yeet $80 at it and replace it and the bolt. But, I wouldn't worry about it unless it gets worse or bad enough to make to make the belt chirp.

*EDIT*

Found a spec:
#PIP4750E: Belt Squeak Noise And/Or Crankshaft Balancer Appears To Wobble - (Feb 10, 2012)
Subject: Belt Squeak Noise and/or Crankshaft Balancer Appears to Wobble

Models: 2010-2012 Chevrolet Camaro SS
2011-2012 Chevrolet Caprice
2009-2012 Chevrolet Corvette
2008-2009 Pontiac G8
with 6.0L 6.2L Engine (RPOs L76 L77 L99, LS3, or LS7)

This PI was superseded to update recommended field. Please discard PIP4750D.

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
Some customers may complain of a belt squeak noise and/or a crankshaft balancer appears to be out of balance or wobbling while watching it with the engine running. In most cases, the wobble is an optical illusion because the design of the balancer gives the appearance that it is moving more than it actually is.

Recommendation/Instructions:
If this concern is experienced, follow the steps below:

 1. Push the crankshaft all the way to the rear of the engine.
 2. Using a magnetic base, attach a dial indicator so the measuring tip is contacting the rear of the drive belt groove.
Notice: An inaccurate reading may be obtained by measuring the face of the balancer instead of the rear of the drive belt groove.

 3. Rotate the crankshaft 360 degrees and note the total amount of crankshaft balancer run out.
◦If the balancer run out is 0.40mm (0.0157”) or less, do not replace the balancer because the run out is in specification.
◦If the balancer run out is greater than 0.40mm, replace the crankshaft balancer and perform step 3 again to confirm that the run out of the new balancer is in specification.
 4. If the customer has complained of a belt squeak, also replace the drive belt.
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.
GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
mine wobbles just a hair less than that video, the one in the silverado has no discernible wobble

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Present Day"
Hold the original white DRL bulbs out of the passenger side, replaced with the new leds. Everything is working and stupidly bright. Which I didn't really need them to be any Rider than the other poles I just wanted LEDs in there for that clean blink and more efficient operation, not to mention typical lifespan.

Just all started months ago when those alpharettes headlights I got had one of the Amber turn signal bulbs burn out within a couple months of installation...
At which point I didn't want to replace with another halogen, and I didn't want to run around with one white and one yellow light by swapping the DRL bulb in the turn signal spot so I swapped both and ran white turn signals in the meantime.

Pics
Side markers and turn signals on, halogen vs LED
" " Side markers
Led side markers
Led all 4 on
Led just hazzards... They're bleeding over in the headlight so much on camera it almost makes it look like the running lights are also on.

Attachments

• IMG_20220504_194426817~2.jpg
    IMG_20220504_194426817~2.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220504_194358783~2.jpg
    IMG_20220504_194358783~2.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220504_201153698~2.jpg
    IMG_20220504_201153698~2.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220504_200034595~2.jpg
    IMG_20220504_200034595~2.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20220504_200034595~2.jpg
    IMG_20220504_200034595~2.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 5

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"3 Days Ago"

All right, LED saga continues. Tried all different configurations with the resistors and no luck. They must have been screwing with the little module in line with the LEDs I got.

So, took resistors out.

Rewired(re-pinned) so the running light is still in the same spot(inside).

And the turn signal is now the outside bulb. Since I don't have DRLs, might as well make use of the other bulb. Ordered two more of the same LED since the bcm stayed happy as long as only one circuit is powered at a time.

Pics might be slightly confusing because I wasn't paying attention when I did the second light and swapped the wrong wires and that's the one I got picked up. Lol Had to do that one twice.

Originally the black and the brown were together by themselves and that's the DRL which my SSV has turned off in the BCM.
Red wire is the running light so I left that one where it was.
Which makes the yellow one that turn signal so I swapped that with the brown wire that used to be the DRL bulb.

Attachments

• IMG_20220501_203108919.jpg
    IMG_20220501_203108919.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20220501_200201812.jpg
    IMG_20220501_200201812.jpg
    376.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20220501_200718586.jpg
    IMG_20220501_200718586.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads