What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Standing fully corrected on that dumbass statement. Thank you for that fact check.
The mounts on my 02’ were a SOB, but my 11’ was a breeze. Chalk it up to my angle of attack on the second go around - having the starter, exhaust manifold, tires and inner fender liners all removed?
Regardless, the toughest bolts to torque down on both vehicles were the passenger side from underneath.
I was just wondering if I had missed some critical difference...other than the actuator being in the way

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got some new Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3 (285/45R22) info here. Those suckers are rubbing my power steps when backing up at almost full turn. i need to get it aligned so im hoping that might fix it? its just barely touching.

Btw ill never buy tires at sams club. They couldn't program my new sensors and they installed those ugly ass weights to the face of one of my oem chrome esky wheels.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got some new Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3 (285/45R22) info here. Those suckers are rubbing my power steps when backing up at almost full turn. i need to get it aligned so im hoping that might fix it? its just barely touching.

Btw ill never buy tires at sams club. They couldn't program my new sensors and they installed those ugly ass weights to the face of one of my oem chrome esky wheels.
It’s hard to find good help nowadays.:rolleyes:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for that one. I didn’t know the 4.8 and 7.0 fell into the same category as the 5.3, and 6.2. Is that just for the Gen IV L94?
I thought there were different “setups” (AWD, 4WD) and depending on the year (aluminum block vs “cinderblock”) that made a difference in the amount of space available “under the hood”. Not specifically engine size, but the configuration of engine and drivetrain that cuts down the “wiggle room”.
Is it the 4WD vs AWD that reduced the amount of room for headers? I thought there was an issue with my 6.2, whereas the long tubes either wouldn’t fit or wouldn’t fit without coating/wrapping them, the coils, and any wiring (plus or minus the trans/oil coolant lines).

I remember reading something about it back when I was looking at headers, the setup I have either “needed” or worked best with shortys (requiring the least amount of additional mods).

Nah, the engines are all the same dimensions regardless of displacement and block material, Gen III and IV. Same with the drivetrain, barring the 6L80 vs. 4L60 differences. What does make a difference (and is the real PITA) is 4WD/AWD versus RWD. Obviously, there's much less wiggle room with a 4WD/AWD, but there's still plenty of room for headers. Yes, 4WD and AWD can be considered the same externally since the difference is the internals. The issue isn't that you have a 6.2, it's that you have AWD and some headers weren't designed to clear the front prop shaft, which is mostly a Y-pipe issue. Each header manufacturer has their own solution. Some designed their headers to fit 2WD and 4WD/AWD and may just require a drivetrain-specific Y-pipe or require modding of the standard 2WD Y-pipe when used on a 4WD/AWD. Others may have completely different headers made up to accommodate each configuration.

More specific to your application, the 6.2 only came with the 6L80 trans, which is larger than the 4L60. The 6.2 also has a larger exhaust. So, it's pretty much a double-whammy for an aftermarket header company to contend with if they were trying to make one set of headers fit all powertrain configurations.

RooTBeeRthe1st

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, the engines are all the same dimensions regardless of displacement and block material, Gen III and IV. Same with the drivetrain, barring the 6L80 vs. 4L60 differences. What does make a difference (and is the real PITA) is 4WD/AWD versus RWD. Obviously, there's much less wiggle room with a 4WD/AWD, but there's still plenty of room for headers. Yes, 4WD and AWD can be considered the same externally since the difference is the internals. The issue isn't that you have a 6.2, it's that you have AWD and some headers weren't designed to clear the front prop shaft, which is mostly a Y-pipe issue. Each header manufacturer has their own solution. Some designed their headers to fit 2WD and 4WD/AWD and may just require a drivetrain-specific Y-pipe or require modding of the standard 2WD Y-pipe when used on a 4WD/AWD. Others may have completely different headers made up to accommodate each configuration.

More specific to your application, the 6.2 only came with the 6L80 trans, which is larger than the 4L60. The 6.2 also has a larger exhaust. So, it's pretty much a double-whammy for an aftermarket header company to contend with if they were trying to make one set of headers fit all powertrain configurations.
Iirc the 5.3 and 6.2 run the same manifolds, but I don't remember about the cats and y pipe. Cat back is definitely larger. 3" instead of 2-3/4

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Got the same tires on mine. They rub when i back up and turn too. I’m lowered though and it did the same on my 24s.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

You could slide the steps back a little bit to gain clearance. Just four bolts to loosen on each side.

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And get this, BBP is refusing to delete my rear O2 sensors…
That’s crazy. They told me I’d have to sign something saying it was for off-road use only, but that never happened. I guess that was 5-6 years ago.

Headlights should be painted by now. He said they will be finished up this week, and should arrive early next

Edit: just kidding that was only about 2 years ago. Forgot that I didn’t have them tuned out for awhile. Everything’s blurring together lately

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia