What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iirc the 5.3 and 6.2 run the same manifolds, but I don't remember about the cats and y pipe. Cat back is definitely larger. 3" instead of 2-3/4

Yes, I believe the manifolds are the same and I don't know the specifics of the Y-pipe. I'm pretty sure it's a little bigger than the 4.8/5.3 pipe. It's at least gotta be a different shape to get around that 6L80. The pipe from the merge to the inlet of the muffler is 3.5" and (I think) a little smaller, like 3", from the muffler outlet to the rear exit.

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I met a local Tahoe owner who will be getting my current lights. Lives only a couple miles away and he might be joining here. He came over a few nights ago to check them out and we talked trucks for a bit. Solid dude who loves these things

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political posts edited/deleted.

Next person that brings up politics takes a holiday.

lowh07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Political posts edited/deleted.

Next person that brings up politics takes a holiday.

Lol.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if I had missed some critical difference...other than the actuator being in the way
Nope…no sir. I too had thought the same thing. Maybe the actuator and the starter played that much of a role in getting the ****** out of there on the passenger side. The exhaust wasn’t removed, because that’s what I used to help brace the engine when I lifted it.
I’m not sure how much more room there is between the engine/front Diff and the frame/core support on the old body style vs. the new, but there can’t be that much of a difference.

It’s not like going from the OBS blazer/jimmy/typhoons with 4.3l vortec to the NNBS. I’d say the NNBS and newer would be comparable in size to the K5 blazer more so than the S10 blazer correct?

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, the engines are all the same dimensions regardless of displacement and block material, Gen III and IV. Same with the drivetrain, barring the 6L80 vs. 4L60 differences. What does make a difference (and is the real PITA) is 4WD/AWD versus RWD. Obviously, there's much less wiggle room with a 4WD/AWD, but there's still plenty of room for headers. Yes, 4WD and AWD can be considered the same externally since the difference is the internals. The issue isn't that you have a 6.2, it's that you have AWD and some headers weren't designed to clear the front prop shaft, which is mostly a Y-pipe issue. Each header manufacturer has their own solution. Some designed their headers to fit 2WD and 4WD/AWD and may just require a drivetrain-specific Y-pipe or require modding of the standard 2WD Y-pipe when used on a 4WD/AWD. Others may have completely different headers made up to accommodate each configuration.

More specific to your application, the 6.2 only came with the 6L80 trans, which is larger than the 4L60. The 6.2 also has a larger exhaust. So, it's pretty much a double-whammy for an aftermarket header company to contend with if they were trying to make one set of headers fit all powertrain configurations.
Thank you! I knew I remember having some fitment issues but there’s too much rattling around in the ole brain box to remember it all. Time for a disc defrag and memory upgrade.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me who the hell came up with the idea to put monitors on every gas pump and then thought the best option was to let them play at full volume? I was pumping gas about 2:30am and nearly started throwing rear elbows at the pump, thinking someone was trying to sneak up and play a prank on me. A guy pulled up right about that time and I could tell the look in his eyes was saying something like “uhh…this crazy MF is literally throwing blows with an imaginary person, it’s like the parking lot scene from fight club. Should I just keep driving or stop and record this?”

No joke. He pulled at the pump furthest from me. Put it in park. Left his car running and then locked the door.

Back to the original point….What’s with the screens! I know I don’t get out much, especially not without adult supervision. Are these things everywhere? They’re distracting and incredibly annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn