What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

13UpInSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only difference as far as room for headers is the front diff is there in the 4wd/AWD vs a 2WD. The more expensive manufacturers like American Racing Headers or Kooks build header/ y-pipe packages that fit the 4wd/AWD configurations. The cheaper headers are one-size-fits-all and it’s up to you to make them fit. I have ARH on my blown 6.0 ‘02 AWD Denali and they fit perfectly. There’s not much room, they are made to fit around everything.
Are they catted?

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only difference as far as room for headers is the front diff is there in the 4wd/AWD vs a 2WD. The more expensive manufacturers like American Racing Headers or Kooks build header/ y-pipe packages that fit the 4wd/AWD configurations. The cheaper headers are one-size-fits-all and it’s up to you to make them fit. I have ARH on my blown 6.0 ‘02 AWD Denali and they fit perfectly. There’s not much room, they are made to fit around everything.
The pipes for 4WD and AWD are interchangeable?

Were your ARH coated or did you have to wrap them?

If I remember correctly I was looking at Gibson and Doug Thorley. I’m not sure how they compare in prices to ARH, Kooks or ******.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m sure you probably have, but I’ll ask anyways - have you cleared the codes and done a relearn for the TPS? Mine took a couple try’s. It came back on after changing the TB and gasket, so I thought I may have either over or under torqued the bolts. Pulled it off, put a new gasket on, did the relearn and it’s been fine ever since.

These vehicles are known for the TPS to burn out. One small connection. There’s a good YouTube video where a guy dissects one to show where the bad contact point is.
Not yet but it is a history code now. Steering wheel code went out when she swapped out the other side's tie rods for new last night. I think the main shaft inside the rack and pinion is more proud on the driver's side, yet we followed the instructions for cutting down the tie rods. Well, we'll let the alignment shop make it right. New tires coming. Looks like wheels are angled out which wiped the tread at an angle, more tread on the inside.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The pipes for 4WD and AWD are interchangeable?

Were your ARH coated or did you have to wrap them?

If I remember correctly I was looking at Gibson and Doug Thorley. I’m not sure how they compare in prices to ARH, Kooks or ******.
If you’re asking if the header pipes for 4wd/AWD are interchangeable, yes. Just like engine blocks are the same size for LS between different displacements, the components for 4/ AWD are the same physical size. Mine aren’t coated or wrapped. Doug Thorley or Gibson are more old school,IMO, better suited for SBC. ARH will run you around $2k uncoated.

08z71bgm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sure you probably have, but I’ll ask anyways - have you cleared the codes and done a relearn for the TPS? Mine took a couple try’s. It came back on after changing the TB and gasket, so I thought I may have either over or under torqued the bolts. Pulled it off, put a new gasket on, did the relearn and it’s been fine ever since.

These vehicles are known for the TPS to burn out. One small connection. There’s a good YouTube video where a guy dissects one to show where the bad contact point is.
What does the TPS relearn have to do with steering angle?

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was the issue you fixed?
P0171,P0174, ltft we’re like 29%…cleaned my maf, checked my O2 sensors, 3 intake bolts on bank 1 were loose so retorqued those. No change. Capped this bugger off and fixed…

Attachments

• 5718FC20-B63B-4E24-A3C3-450C0887EE6C.jpeg
    5718FC20-B63B-4E24-A3C3-450C0887EE6C.jpeg
    357.1 KB · Views: 8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz