What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I received the replacement motor mounts from RockAuto on Friday, but I spent the weekend installing a 24k btu mini split in my garage. Probably won't get to the mounts until this weekend.

Now I can do it in a cooled garage!

I had to install a new 30a breaker and about 60' of 10ga wire and mount a disconnect on the outside. That took most of Saturday afternoon.

I already have a ceiling mounted propane heater, but the mini split has a heat pump and will be more efficient unless it gets really cold outside, then the propane heater will be a backup.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did your parts come in? Also does anyone know if these lower or raise the motor at all from the factory spot? I’ve got some clearance issues on the Speed Engineering long tubes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The H3 mounts don't relocate the engine at all. They take up less space. But that's due to the much smaller heat shield on the mount, not because the mount is shorter.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I received the replacement motor mounts from RockAuto on Friday, but I spent the weekend installing a 24k btu mini split in my garage. Probably won't get to the mounts until this weekend.

Now I can do it in a cooled garage!

I had to install a new 30a breaker and about 60' of 10ga wire and mount a disconnect on the outside. That took most of Saturday afternoon.

I already have a ceiling mounted propane heater, but the mini split has a heat pump and will be more efficient unless it gets really cold outside, then the propane heater will be a backup.

i want to know how the motor mounts go since i have to do mine soon as well

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Looking good, wish I had a white one.
Long travel front end?

No, it’s a ProComp lift with at present the Monroe struts that were on it when I bought it. Later I’ll probably switch in some Fox coilovers when the supply chains sort themselves out again.

I don’t foresee long travel in my future as that would get wider and it’s already wider than I like.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Let me know how the Mini split works out for you, I have a 18k BTU window unit in the garage and have been looking at replacements that are a bit more efficient.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amada