What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my utility trailer and brought home a new patio door for my house. As I was hooking up the trailer I'm pretty sure I overheard the exact moment when the air suspension pump self-destructed. It came on normally, but started making a grinding noise after a few seconds. Now from inside, I occasionally hear, feel really, a rumble for a few seconds that I think is the pump in the throws of death. Is there any way to force the pump on without a tech-II? I want to confirm before dropping $200+ on a pump at only 120k miles.

I haven't even gotten to the broken motor mount yet. At least the pump R&R looks pretty easy.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took my utility trailer and brought home a new patio door for my house. As I was hooking up the trailer I'm pretty sure I overheard the exact moment when the air suspension pump self-destructed. It came on normally, but started making a grinding noise after a few seconds. Now from inside, I occasionally hear, feel really, a rumble for a few seconds that I think is the pump in the throws of death. Is there any way to force the pump on without a tech-II? I want to confirm before dropping $200+ on a pump at only 120k miles.

I haven't even gotten to the broken motor mount yet. At least the pump R&R looks pretty easy.

It should run for about five seconds starting at about eight seconds after you start your Yukon. Other than that, you probably could jumper the relay under the hood. But, it has an exhaust valve circuit that may interrupt the main power, so hotwiring the main power leads going to the motor are probably the surefire way.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You can also unclip one of the air hoses at a shock and let all the air out, and then have someone get in and turn the key to run while you lay underneath by the compressor and watch as it comes on.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sounds like your pump is toast. The pump on our 2013 gave up the ghost a little sooner than yours. Felt the same rumble.

Very easy to replace. I did it in less than 30 minutes and no jack. I would go with the Arnott pump. Also come with a new relay pack for under the hood if I recall correctly. I’ve used Dorman before with decent luck as well. I’m 4 for 4 on needing to replace them on my 4 NNBS SUV’s.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your pump is toast. The pump on our 2013 gave up the ghost a little sooner than yours. Felt the same rumble.

Very easy to replace. I did it in less than 30 minutes and no jack. I would go with the Arnott pump. Also come with a new relay pack for under the hood if I recall correctly. I’ve used Dorman before with decent luck as well. I’m 4 for 4 on needing to replace them on my 4 NNBS SUV’s.
Wow, that sucks. My Expedition had air suspension. The compressor lasted at least until I sold it at 210k miles. I used Arnott replacement air shocks on it with good results. So I'll try the Arnott pump at $100 less than GM one. It couldn't be much worse. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10