What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well just got home from picking up the wheels. The guy I got them from said he spent 3 days decladding them. Win for me.

Got 19.5 mpg round trip.........damn good for a cammed, stalled and geared PPV.

Since it never happened unless there's pics

View attachment 267843 View attachment 267844
Is that one of the Autometer gauge pods on your column? How do gauges mount in it, still need a cup?

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
I have a 2012. I’ll double check my sig. Yes, I do have the 6 speed. I’m fairly handy - rebuilt a 4L60E in a GMT800 truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then you should have no problem.
There are also little plastic check balls that shrink and then get stuck in the separator plate.
Sonnax sells new check balls that won't shrink.

The valve body on the 6 speeds removes as a unit.
Compared to a 4l60E, it's a wonderful design.

Buy the GM separator plate, and it should come with all of the seals needed for the reinstall, case to valve body etc.
Sonnax and Transgo make all that you need.
Buy the Sonnax tool to replace the Techm seals. At a minimum i would recommend that.
Sonnax tool comes with the seals and the little laminates, and if you get the transgo shift kit, it also comes with the seals and laminates for when you f up a few. ;)
transgo shift kit also has some other part numbers for some new tcc updated valves.
get them. :)

Sonnax also sells an end plug kit with o-rings.
Cheap, prevents bleed off.
I put it in mine, not sure if it helps but while i was in there... :)

Don't bother with the boost valve, can't replace that in the 6l80/90 with out removing the pump.
Youtube has a good video on the process.

Once you have the valve body off, you can take a good look over some of your clutches.
6l80 is beautiful :cool:

Converter is also known to kaboom in these...
if you catch it early enough it should prolong the life.
:beer:

Last edited:

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Spent some time ordering up a bunch of Moog for the front end. New control arms, tie rod ends, etc. Next week I'll be working on the lift install and I decided to refresh the whole front end. CV axles, the works. I don't like doing a job more than once, and I want it tight when the lift goes in.

Likely will do the same in the rear once I get a good look at the state of the rear bushings.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you replace your overflow cap while you were at it? Often overlooked, I almost forgot to order one with my recent “100k” full fluid flush & tune up.

I didn't, and you're right- things like this are often overlooked.

I found out yesterday that it still holds pressure quite well, though!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I recently put on the Denali. They reminded me of an old set of ARR’s I had on my 87’ Grand National. Damn I miss that car.
These wheels in “gunmetal” were closest thing I could find to match storm gray. Now to either bite the bullet on a new set of 22” tires and hope the bead on my chromes holds better than last winter, or pick up a different set of wheels and in doing so, switch over to something other than chrome. Aluminum perhaps? 22’s Alums can’t be friendly on the pocketbook.

View attachment 267807

They look like the classic American Racing Torq-Thrusts, but with six spokes. I had two designs of the Torq-Thrust style wheels on my S10. They're a classic, timeless, fit-all design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518