What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shouldn't be long and slow until after 120 at least

Eh. Little ol' 5.3, small cam and crippling 4L60...

Although, after watching it some more, I guess it does seem to still be climbing half-decently well up to around 117. Maybe I'm expecting a little too much from the brick.

I determined the "wall" to be around 125-130ish. I let off when it looked like the RPM climb stalled around 5,600.

Running the math just for fun:

5,600 RPM engine speed
1:1 Third gear trans ratio
3.73 Diff gear ratio
32" Tire (16" radius)

= 142.9 MPH

I know I wasn't going over the low 130s. Hard numbers don't account for slip in the unlocked torque converter.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tuner was surprised and worked up to that. He started around the factory shift point but saw and felt that it was still pulling well enough to let 'er wind out some more. After I told him I geeked out on the push rod length and size, lifter preload, wipe pattern and had Z06 ("yellow") springs, he's like "Okay, 6,000 it is".

Does that loooooooong and slow WOT RPM climb after 100MPH give y'all anxiety, too? :D

:sleepy:

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
The problem with tapping into the speaker wires with a LOC is that a lot of the bass has already been filtered out by the Bose amp to go to the factory Bose sub. If the LOC can handle the wattage, tapping into the signal to the Bose sub may produce satisfactory results. The problems there are (1) it's a DVC sub and (2) it's a small sub so it's crossover has been programmed accordingly and this may leave some to be desired with a larger sub system.

I've found pictures and wiring diagrams before, but you can tap into the low-level, full-range signal going to the Bose amp with some RCAs (cut the RCAs and solder them in) and run RCAs to your sub amp as normal.
Have you still got pictures/diagrams of those handy? This seems like the lowest and easiest solution

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
Checked on the caliper paint job I did last night and they turned out great! Used VHT Self Etching primer, VHT Red Caliper Paint, and VHT Gloss.

View attachment 264219

I like red calipers!Lowered with C5 Rear brakes - Copy.JPG

For the vette, i also painted the rotor hats with silver caliper paint to keep them from turning orange...
:D
Did the paint job while i had the pistons removed for a good cleaning and seals.

Been thinking the hoe needs red calipers for some time now.
:cool:

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was expecting the Flux Capacitor to kick in when it hit 88 MPH. 6K RPM’s....oh my

Eh. Little ol' 5.3, small cam and crippling 4L60...

Although, after watching it some more, I guess it does seem to still be climbing half-decently well up to around 117. Maybe I'm expecting a little too much from the brick.

I determined the "wall" to be around 125-130ish. I let off when it looked like the RPM climb stalled around 5,600.

Running the math just for fun:

5,600 RPM engine speed
1:1 Third gear trans ratio
3.73 Diff gear ratio
32" Tire (16" radius)

= 142.9 MPH

I know I wasn't going over the low 130s. Hard numbers don't account for slip in the unlocked torque converter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts