What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yech. Yes, I am thankful it’s only a kitchen sink that mainly saw water and no poop. Luckily I never was one to run food through the disposal, my ex did though years ago even though I told her not to. One day I came home from work and she said the kitchen sink was plugged up. I asked if she was using the disposal again and she said no. I ended up on the roof, using a garden hose to try to flush the line by running the hose down through the vent pipe. I was looking down the vent pipe so I could see if water was filling it up. All of a sudden a ton of apple peels came flying up the vent pipe and shot out all over my face and all over the roof. I found out she had been peeling a bunch of apples to bake pies with and can and had run the peels through the disposal instead of throwing them in the trash. I guess she just thought the disposal made them disappear. Notice I said she is my ex.
Ha!

My wife and I bought our first house in Jan of 2000. It was an older house built around 1900. The kind that the only thing that is square are the nails.

Anyway, my wife had the day off and took a late shower and while in the shower she heard a gurgling sound so she got out and as she was standing in front of the toilet, the water in the toilet just exploded out all over her.

Turns out we had a blockage of some sort in our stand pipe and the city was cleaning the sewer lines and the pressure built up and instead of the pressure relieving up the stand pipe, it came through the next available opening, the toilet.

When my wife called me at work to tell me the toilet blew up, she was one sort of pissed off and I was laughing so hard, which didn’t help anything! She is still pissed off about that 20 years later.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ha!

My wife and I bought our first house in Jan of 2000. It was an older house built around 1900. The kind that the only thing that is square are the nails.

Anyway, my wife had the day off and took a late shower and while in the shower she heard a gurgling sound so she got out and as she was standing in front of the toilet, the water in the toilet just exploded out all over her.

Turns out we had a blockage of some sort in our stand pipe and the city was cleaning the sewer lines and the pressure built up and instead of the pressure relieving up the stand pipe, it came through the next available opening, the toilet.

When my wife called me at work to tell me the toilet blew up, she was one sort of pissed off and I was laughing so hard, which didn’t help anything! She is still pissed off about that 20 years later.
OMG. Great story Wade! [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m with you. The house I just bought a few months ago had some bad flashing that caused a leak. I got the flashing fixed, now I just have to fixed the ceiling. Apparently the leak has been there for the last 17 years. I was very lucky that there was no rot or mold anywhere.

I had to replace a section of cast iron as well, only problem is it was buried under my concrete basement floor and ran directly under my furnace. Said screw it and ran PVC overhead to another stand pipe down stream and capped the pipe off. Dig out a 18” x 6’ section of my floor at first only to find it was bad under the furnace. Dug up a 18x18 section by the other stand pipe to cut off and cap the abandoned section. My problem was the bad section also handled my 2nd floor bathroom so I had roughly 60 gallons of literal crap I had to dig out of the trench before I filled it back in and put in new concrete.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I got my converter the other day, came with a sweet t shirt too.

I actually had to go into work this week and teach a class, but I'm off for the next week's to do some QC of courses coming out of development and into production. BTW, developers feeling get hurt really easy.

IMG_20201121_101208.jpg IMG_20201118_200349.jpg IMG_20201118_200439.jpg

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha!

What did you eat?!!

what+did+you+eat+_259663792a83ad960ad301a028872d2e.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned the interior a little

Checked air pressures

Adjusted the front left corner for a little less positive caster and less negative camber and adjusted the toe accordingly

Road tested

I'll probably run it through the car wash this evening

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE