What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I've begun to notice a ticking noise on cold startup when it's near freezing outside. It goes away after ten seconds or so. But it had me wondering lifter, or piston slap? Then my Yukon literally dropped a hint. I think I know what it is now....

View attachment 219364

Broken exhaust manifold bolt.
Oh geez. Typical.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've begun to notice a ticking noise on cold startup when it's near freezing outside. It goes away after ten seconds or so. But it had me wondering lifter, or piston slap? Then my Yukon literally dropped a hint. I think I know what it is now....

View attachment 219364

Time for a manifold clamp!

I have one on the driver side rear and I want to get the passenger side as a preventative measure.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score

View attachment 219364

Oh geez. Typical.

Time for a manifold clamp!

I have one on the driver side rear and I want to get the passenger side as a preventative measure.

Header shopping time!!!

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 219364

Yes, same issue here. I have 2 broken on driver side. I “need” headers now.. just need to save up a few bucks.

93blkongreenpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gonna have to extract the bolt out the head 1st. The prices I got quoted, I said f that and bought the clamps

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't confirmed a missing manifold bolt yet. But hopefully, I can get under the hood this weekend and do that. If it's just one, I might try one of those clamp things. Otherwise, I gotta pull the manifold and replace all the bolts, right? Sounds like lots of fun.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't confirmed a missing manifold bolt yet. But hopefully, I can get under the hood this weekend and do that. If it's just one, I might try one of those clamp things. Otherwise, I gotta pull the manifold and replace all the bolts, right? Sounds like lots of fun.

There a 2007 Denali for sale right now that looks exactly like yours. It's got 20k miles and they are asking $53K. It's armored.

Hi-psi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About that...why do so many put long tubes on these things? I've always heard shortys are better for low-end torque with some mid-range improvement. Long tubes seem like the wrong thing to do for an SUV.

The consensus is that shorties offer little to nothing over the stock manifolds.

As for long tubes, I'm completely with you there. Undeniable the will add horsepower, but they will reduce low/mid range torque, moving the power band higher in the rpm range. In my opinion not what you want with a heavy SUV. Unless your goal is to extensively modify the vehicle, to me, I just don't think long tubes are in my future both because of cost and what they offer/impact.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401