What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just changed out the passenger side O2 sensor. Can't get at the driver's side from underneath, will have to go in through the wheel well another day as we ran out of light.

Magnaflow Y-Pipe moved the sensor just enough to make removal all but impossible from underneath even with an O2 sensor tool. Previously, I'd never had a problem with a 7/8" wrench; the engineers always left enough room to get a wrench in there to loosen or tighten them.

Reminds me when i ‘fixed’ the cat on the honda.... I didn’t have the 02 socket and the open end wasnt grabbing, but the box end of the wrench fit tight on the non-foulers i bought for the ‘fix’.....of course the connector didn’t fit through the box end....I unplugged it, de-pinned the connector, slipped wires through and got my 1/2 turns on the wrench, got it out, slapped the non-foulers on, put the 02 in and re-pinned it .... my arms were on fire working on my back with them up in the air trying to get them stupid pins back in the connector... lol ....next time ill get the socket..

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The maximum MPG out of one of these hybrid is 31.2MPG 764.4 miles range :bleh:
I could have gotten higher maybe 45-50MPG (Those are Toyota Prius Numbers)

if I ran behind a 18wheeler, but that is straight by my self..

on the way to LA I got 31.2MPG :eek: , on the way back 21.1MPG..

Averaged 26.15 MPG

Around the city here I got 48 MPG (Pruis territory)after 24 miles drive it only pumped 0.5 gallons at my normal gas station... with a range of 1,176 miles.

unfortunately it was favorable wind conditions (tail wind there and tail wind on the way back) so that does not really count

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just changed out the passenger side O2 sensor. Can't get at the driver's side from underneath, will have to go in through the wheel well another day as we ran out of light.

Magnaflow Y-Pipe moved the sensor just enough to make removal all but impossible from underneath even with an O2 sensor tool. Previously, I'd never had a problem with a 7/8" wrench; the engineers always left enough room to get a wrench in there to loosen or tighten them.
sounds like you might need to use a box end crow foot, or cut a box end wrench in half and hit with a small sledge to break it loose

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like you might need to use a box end crow foot, or cut a box end wrench in half and hit with a small sledge to break it loose

Flare wrench?

No room for a wrench. The O2 sensor socket functions as a crow's foot but there's no room to get a hammer up there to whack it. We did put a swivel and long extension on but the ratchet did not afford the leverage to break it loose. I may try it again with my long 1/2" breaker bar, all we need to do is crack it loose and then remove it by hand. Just need three hands to hold the swivel and extension onto the socket, another at the end of the breaker bar and one or two more on the breaker bar's handle! LOL

Pete, where are you? Aren't you passing by tomorrow? LOL

71hEZBIs5OL._SL1500_.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No room for a wrench. The O2 sensor socket functions as a crow's foot but there's no room to get a hammer up there to whack it. We did put a swivel and long extension on but the ratchet did not afford the leverage to break it loose. I may try it again with my long 1/2" breaker bar, all we need to do is crack it loose and then remove it by hand. Just need three hands to hold the swivel and extension onto the socket, another at the end of the breaker bar and one or two more on the breaker bar's handle! LOL

Pete, where are you? Aren't you passing by tomorrow? LOL

71hEZBIs5OL._SL1500_.jpg
I have both of these, kind of had to do a combo of the two putting the drivers upstream back in

crow.JPG crow1.JPG