What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtc1328

Reaction score
Sorry to learn of this. Check CL and Facebook Marketplace for people selling takeoffs or maybe even your own wheels.

Gorilla wheel locks will deter or slow them down, every lug is locking on my rig.

Get a Ring for your front door or even a dash cam that works via motion when you're not driving it.

You can also add an inclination and glass break sensor from the factory but a VIPER is probably less expensive.

All good info. I just never considered someone stealing stock rims! Either way, I went and got some locks for my wife's Kia's wheels. I don't know why they'd want those either, but I'd hate to see her in the same position.

Either way, the camera surveillance research has begun for our home's exterior.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Adding pics for your amusement. The center cap was one I had smoothed over and hit it with a quick spray of some silver paint I had. It's just sitting loosely in position for the photo op:

View attachment 218716

View attachment 218717

View attachment 218718

View attachment 218719

They're growing on me. They look so much better with the center caps and won't look so out of place once it's lowered. They'll look even more befitting once the body is de-chromed and they're painted black. I also found some lug nuts that are like the same style as the stock GMC ones, but much shorter so they'll sit about flush rather than sticking out half an inch.
I like, I like!

mtc1328

Reaction score
@mtc1328

I apologize, was really trying to make you laugh in a shit situation and it is a shame that there are people out there that would do that, but that’s the world we live in unfortunately. I would lose my mind if that happened to me. I don’t know you or have the right to make a joke about your unfortunate situation. Sorry again and i hope you are compensated somehow, someway. Good luck

Here, my luck.... someone i work with did it and won’t fess up .....or apologize.... roght on the body line too..View attachment 218701

I have been reading the forum long enough to know that you like to joke around, and I took absolutely no offense to it. But thank you for the clarification! It is all good!

It is a done deal, and there isn't anything I can do at this point except get some new wheels to get back on the road and get a little more security.

I'm sorry about your truck! That is harder and more time consuming to repair than replacing some wheels! People are stupid everywhere!

Last edited:

mtc1328

Reaction score
No history of crime on your neighborhood, yet someone seemingly went outta their way to get YOUR STOCK wheels and tires as if they knew what you had and where you lived, and this happened immediately after you had your truck at a shop. Or maybe your truck actually is the pick of the litter compared to everything else on your street? My first suspicion is someone at the tint shop just because of the timing and because I know a lot of "custom" shops have suspiciousy sketchy car guys working for them. Did the tint shop get your address? Could be a total coincidence but I had to throw on my Columbo coat for a minute.

All good thoughts! I did go out of my way to tip the guy 20% who did the tint, so hopefully that was enough good karma to eliminate that possibility. Although there is no telling.

I live on a corner lot, and my truck doesn't fit in the garage, so it is always parked outside, unless I'm at work or out. My next door neighbor has a 2008 Suburban with the same wheels, and he was not a victim. There is no way to say that I wasn't targeted, as surely there are hundreds of passerby on my street daily, and surely one of those passersby saw something that they wanted and came for it.

While the "no history of crime" is not factually correct, the crime data is very low in my neighborhood, and the reporting officer told me he hardly ever has to come through to respond to a theft or disturbance. Let me modify to verify limited history of crime. Mea culpa.

mtc1328

Reaction score
^^^THIS^^^

If you've had any work done on it recently, that should be your first suspicion. As others have said, check Craigslist, FB marketplace, Offerup, Letgo and local pawn shops. Of course, then you may still have to prove the wheels and tires were yours. That might be difficult. But if you can make a circumstantial case (i.e. a person who works at a shop you just did business with just happened to sell a set of wheels and tires exactly like yours the day after yours were stolen), you might get somewhere. I hate this for you. It sucks to be stolen from. I hope you get it resolved, or at least end up with some better wheels than you had.

Yeah, I really didn't think this could happen, that the shop would come after my basic stock wheels, but I don't have a criminal mind. It is definitely a possibility. The shop only does tint and detailing, so there were no other wheels or tires present, but that doesn't mean they don't have a guy on the midnight shift. I will forward this to the police for their information.

But yes, I have no way to really verify that the wheels were mine. They had some chips and scuffs, but so do most eight year old wheels. I don't have detailed pictures, and I have no serial numbers or other info to verify.

Thank you for the information for consideration!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It isn't what I did to my Tahoe, but what some thieving bastards did to my Tahoe.
I woke up this morning to find my Tahoe on blocks, and the wheels and tires stolen. They were only the stocks 20s, but I guess that's what they wanted. They brought their own blocks, and kindly left the lug nuts. Nothing else was taken or damaged.
Time for some locking lug nuts and an exterior surveillance system.

I guess I get to now decide if I want to go with black wheels or stick with the chrome. The dealer wants $495.00 per wheel, so that's a big nope. I doubt the insurance will pay me close to what it would cost to replace new once they consider depreciation. Of course, I'll need to get whatever I can find as soon as possible, as I don't have the luxury of ordering and shipping times.

View attachment 218697
bummer, I got tired of mine getting broken into, added the tilt & glass sensors & 4g/gps module to this system
https://www.viper.com/car/securityr...r-oled-2-way-security-and-remote-start-system

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sam did it at the right time, I shoulda done mine last night -- except for the crazy wind. I got out there pretty early this morning, trying not to wake the neighbors 'cause school's closed, but the longer I wait the slushier it gets. Snowblower doesn't like that, and I don't like unplugging the chute, so it gets done when it's cold. Sun's out now, about 50%, so anything that's been shoveled is drying off.

Have to go into the office tomorrow, no excuses.
Last night was just to get a jump on it. Had more wind, and probably 2-3 more inches last night, so got up this morning and went back to it. It was a tiring day, but helped out a lot of neighbors with their 3’ or so on the main sidewalks. Then came back around and started shoveling out the ice left over. Had to do a little maintenance on the snowblower too, the shifter stuck solid. Greased that sucker up and she’s good to go for the next round. Then I decided I should have a look at my headlight.. I’ve upgraded all my Yukon’s exterior bulbs to LED’s, so why not the snowblower too! [emoji1787] next time I’ll have much more light!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All good thoughts! I did go out of my way to tip the guy 20% who did the tint, so hopefully that was enough good karma to eliminate that possibility. Although there is no telling.

I live on a corner lot, and my truck doesn't fit in the garage, so it is always parked outside, unless I'm at work or out. My next door neighbor has a 2008 Suburban with the same wheels, and he was not a victim. There is no way to say that I wasn't targeted, as surely there are hundreds of passerby on my street daily, and surely one of those passersby saw something that they wanted and came for it.

While the "no history of crime" is not factually correct, the crime data is very low in my neighborhood, and the reporting officer told me he hardly ever has to come through to respond to a theft or disturbance. Let me modify to verify limited history of crime. Mea culpa.

They probably didn't steal them for the wheels, but maybe for the tires? Tires are expensive and nobody likes to pay for them, especially when some better ones are only a few jack pumps and lug nuts away. Get a clan of guys- two "jackers" and four "luggers" at minimum and I'd imagine a whole set could be nabbed in just a few minutes. Maybe you, specifically, weren't targeted. Maybe it was just that your tires were better than your those of your neighbor's Suburban.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT