What did you do to your NNBS GMT900 Tahoe/Yukon Today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which manual are you using?

Does that mention anything about using weatherstripping “adhesive”? 3M makes some pretty awesome stuff that at first glance might make you wonder why you wasted the money, but once you get the hang of it the stuff is magical. Works similar to the old gasket maker, but is a little more forgiving and cleanup is easier.
07-14 manual that you can get off ebay for $25 it is a pdf file on a cd, I just copy and pasted it into my documents, it's a hack job so it doesn't hyper link pages in the file so it makes it kind a of a pia to use but the information is there. but no it just says what I pasted in the photo nothing about using adhesive on that particular seal, I am pretty sure it has plastic clips so adhesive is not used, the upper seal that goes along the top does use a self adhesive along the backside of the rear door, the front part just slides into a groove along the edge of the front window, I think they made it like that so if you have to replace the front window then it wont tear up the seal.

Reaction score
But that's backwards from the GM lean! The driver side should be lower. Besides, I adjusted for that when I lowered it. After driving, both sides vary from being level to within 1/8" at most. Has about half a tank. I'll have to measure it to get some actual numbers. I swear it's losing its drop.
Not backwards if the tank is empty

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lee.solorzano

Reaction score
I know it’s off topic. But let guys know have been post last few day cause got a kidney trans plant the 31. So it will some time before I get to work on truck but I will Entertain myself with reading what you guys have done thanks Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 266553 View attachment 266555
The problem with the valve covers is they’re raw aluminum so it won’t be long before they’re oxidized again and look bad. Unless you plan on removing them occasionally and re-polishing I recommend painting them with something like VHT Wrinkle Plus. I did mine 2 years ago and they still look great, it holds up to pressure washing or a scrub brush and degreaser.
Why did you use the “wrinkle plus” vs. the standard VHT paint? Just curious if it’s because that’s what you had laying around, or if it’s something specific for alum/oxi. I’ve used VHT on the manifolds/headers and calipers before but never tried their wrinkle plus line.

07-14 manual that you can get off ebay for $25 it is a pdf file on a cd, I just copy and pasted it into my documents, it's a hack job so it doesn't hyper link pages in the file so it makes it kind a of a pia to use but the information is there. but no it just says what I pasted in the photo nothing about using adhesive on that particular seal, I am pretty sure it has plastic clips so adhesive is not used, the upper seal that goes along the top does use a self adhesive along the backside of the rear door, the front part just slides into a groove along the edge of the front window, I think they made it like that so if you have to replace the front window then it wont tear up the seal.
It might be worth trying some of the 3M stuff. It definitely won’t cause any tear issues with future repairs.

C5A37388-669E-4E83-A7D0-FEB687F8D03E.jpeg

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know it’s off topic. But let guys know have been post last few day cause got a kidney trans plant the 31. So it will some time before I get to work on truck but I will Entertain myself with reading what you guys have done thanks Lee

Praying for a full recovery for you, @lee.solorzano. May 2021 be a great year for your health!

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome “back” Lee. Here’s to a speedy recovery! Dialysis sucks, so let’s hope for all to go well with your new hardware.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why did you use the “wrinkle plus” vs. the standard VHT paint? Just curious if it’s because that’s what you had laying around, or if it’s something specific for alum/oxi. I’ve used VHT on the manifolds/headers and calipers before but never tried their wrinkle plus line.

It might be worth trying some of the 3M stuff. It definitely won’t cause any tear issues with future repairs.

View attachment 266646
the problem with the inner seals on the nnbs is the bottom part gets all torn up from getting in & out, never had that problem on my nbs, both driver and passenger side were tore up already when I bought mine and every one I looked at were as well, it doesn't seem to have gotten any worse since I have owned it and I don't think I ever step there so it must happen from short people :shrug:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts