What did you do to your 21+ T1XX today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed the K&N CAI, the JLT 3.0 catch can.
Also attempted to install LED brake, turn signal, and reverse lights. Even though i bought the ones with build in resistors I've been getting brake and reverse light errors.

3Glx9y1.jpg
genuine auixto are the only ones I have seen that actually work with the built in resistors, unless it comes in a auxito box then it's fake

d0wnShifT

Reaction score
You wired it open? Doesn't it protest when it tries to close? Will this damage anything long term since its unable to do what it wants to?
Yes wired it full open. It's just a spring that is trying to keep it closed. Won't damage anything long term, just reduces back pressure and was meant for when the engine runs in less than v8 mode to prevent drone.

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s my unde
Waiting for GM to allow the Air Suspension option on the Denali. Dealer says its gonna be available to order beginning 9/7!

Its my understanding the air ride adjustment will only function in 4wd. Is that your understanding.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked my catch can only after 4 days and 200 miles of driving, not expecting to find much of anything. To my surprise there was quite a bit of oil in there for how little time it was installed. I'd guess about 3-4ml of oil. Much better to have it caught in the can than to get sucked into the intake!

X7bxpNF.jpg

Where is that oil coming from?

d0wnShifT

Reaction score
Where is that oil coming from?

It's coming from the engine's PCV system. If a catch can isn't installed that oil will end up in your engine's intake tract. Usually a little oil isn't a problem however since these new engines injectors spray directly into the cylinder instead of the intake runners you risk the possibility of fouling up your valves with carbon deposits from this oil.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's coming from the engine's PCV system. If a catch can isn't installed that oil will end up in your engine's intake tract. Usually a little oil isn't a problem however since these new engines injectors spray directly into the cylinder instead of the intake runners you risk the possibility of fouling up your valves with carbon deposits from this oil.
Interesting? Does the stock intake come with a catch can? Or does it just shoot the oil into the cylinder like you explained

sd172

Reaction score

Laaarge intake ports on those pushrod V8s, and only 2 large valves per cylinder. Having carbon deposits on them will take a really long time to become a problem.

d0wnShifT

Reaction score
Interesting? Does the stock intake come with a catch can? Or does it just shoot the oil into the cylinder like you explained
No catch can on the stock engine. I wouldn't say it shoots the oil however its a slow process depositing it in the intake over time. I'll pull the can and show how much is in there before my first oil change to show how much is in there.

Laaarge intake ports on those pushrod V8s, and only 2 large valves per cylinder. Having carbon deposits on them will take a really long time to become a problem.
I hope you're right, however i find a catch can as cheap insurance to fight any buildup that might occur.

sd172

Reaction score
I like the idea of having a catch can, however they can freeze in winter and plug up the PCV line. A lot of what is drained in cold months is water. Plus proper disposal of the oily fraction.

Never heard a horror story so far about carbon deposits on L83/L86, certainly not as bad as some Audi engines.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157