What would you do to stand out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seats8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
First time post here, from Petoskey, MI.

What would you do to make your truck stand out from every other black Yukon XL on the road? Or to help find it in the grocery store parking lot, lol.

2019 Yukon XL (black)
2017 Yukon XL Denali (gray)

IMG_3463.jpeg
IMG_3464.jpeg

jets

Reaction score
I’d swap out the red GMC badges front and back to black if still red, rims on the black xl already make it stand out. Get some lesser seen OEM 22’s for the gray. A moderate drop or at least rear leveling kit. Oh, large flame decals along the front fenders will definitely make them stand out too

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a lady wandering around the parking lot the other day she couldn't find her car, sad
if you experience this problem then I would say either install a gps alarm sytem or grab some patriotic or sports team flags that attach to the roof edge window frame, then it should be easy to spot from any parking lot. I personally have never experienced this type of problem but that's by best suggestion.

also if you go anywhere or park in a strange place or hike/bike/fish/hunt, etc
look for a landmark and memorize it.
parking garages usually have pillars painted with a number indicating the floor and section.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First time post here, from Petoskey, MI.

Welcome to TYF!

What would you do to make your truck stand out from every other black Yukon XL on the road?

Oh, so the black ones all look the same to you, huh? :rolleyes:

Or to help find it in the grocery store parking lot, lol.

4"+ lift? Or, use the features you've paid for-

Your fob should look like this:
61ZzMlqlOXL.jpg

That red button at the bottom is your "P.A.N.I.C". button. It stands for "Proximal Assistance for Nincompoop to Identify Car". Press and hold this button until the system activates, approximately one second. Activation will be indicated by audible and visual alerts emitted from the vehicle. Proceed in the direction which everyone else in the parking lot is looking and that will guide you to your car.

Some makes actually spell out P.A.N.I.C on the fob. GM using a symbol instead of the acronym has caused owners to not know of or use this handy feature.

PanicKey_525.jpg

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would you do to make your truck stand out from every other black Yukon XL on the road? Or to help find it in the grocery store parking lot?
If FORCED to do something, I'd put the grey door handles on the black one and the black door handles on the grey one.
I'd limit myself to something subtle like that - I LOVE when people are never sure that they are looking at my vehicle or someone else's.
I personally don't want to stand out, I want to help others mind their own damn business.

Visually loudest thing I'd do is find the LIGHTEST load certified wheels (OE or aftermarket doesn't matter) and put them on BOTH.
Bonus is, that always improves ride quality.
If that's not enough, paint the wheels.

If you have a nonconformist sense of humour, your options expand considerably.

(Why does your grey one have those chrome-ish strips that make it harder to wax, while the black one doesn't?)
I think you have two beautiful vehicles that stand out on their own.
In many places, keeping them clean and detailed alone, makes them stand out.
Here, hear.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would you do to make your truck stand out from every other black Yukon XL on the road?
Or to help find it in the grocery store parking lot?
Forgot, then remembered:
Change the side view mirrors. In your case, you can go Escalade, or Silvierado.
If you really want to stand out without adding glam, I'd look into the 2500 side view mirror options.
(That's if I were you. My 2002 Tahoe's mirrors are too big, and I want SMALLER ones.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660