Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much of a difference are we talking from left to right???

It could be the "GM lean" which is pretty normal. Usually about a 1/2" difference with the drivers side being lower.

About 1/32 of an inch. The ones that just went to the rear are 11.5/32 on the outside, 11/32 in the middle of the tread and 10 and 10.5 thirty seconds on the inside tread. The two that just went up front are 1/32 higher on the edges, telling me they are over-inflated a bit and that this "problem" is recent.

Yes, about 1/2" lower on the LF compared with the RF. Never noticed it before, what's the cause and the cure?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
About 1/32 of an inch. The ones that just went to the rear are 11.5/32 on the outside, 11/32 in the middle of the tread and 10 and 10.5 thirty seconds on the inside tread. The two that just went up front are 1/32 higher on the edges, telling me they are over-inflated a bit and that this "problem" is recent.

Yes, about 1/2" lower on the LF compared with the RF. Never noticed it before, what's the cause and the cure?

Honestly there is a lot of speculation as to why.

Google GM lean or Chevy lean... you will get lots of info. It affects a lot of different models from a lot of different years.

Personally I think that it's because the fuel tank is on the drivers side and there is always a driver even if there is no passengers so the drivers side springs take more of the load all the time so they (spring/shocks) get fatigued faster. Just my opinion.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read some more and then my memory was jarred and I used to measure my cars back in the day too. It was always spring related, either it was wearing out or the plastic mounts in our case. A GM Tech even mentioned how pulling onto a driveway can cause the suspension to compress and not return to normal until driven back and forth and jounced. This may be my case, as I usually get the LF wheel into the grass down low pulling onto the driveway as my wife and daughter park towards the middle and not on the right.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, the other night we took the truck to the drags and made a couple of runs. The first was slower than the second by a hair but this one we recorded with the Tech-2.

What do you fellas think about the A/F Ratios?

16.477 @ 85.20 MPH
Detailed Specs in video description.

With the new cats and Y-pipe, she's up to 307 rear wheel horsepower from last years 302 rear wheel horsepower.

Last time, a stock K&N air filter was in place. It has been replaced by a high capacity paper ACDelco air filter that was installed 10 months ago.

Air pressure was 42 psi last time, 50 psi this time around.

Truck was launched in 4WD but launches were light enough to where it was not needed.

Same temperature as last time, 82 degrees.

Last edited:
OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Running E85 @ 73% on this last tank. Went 286 miles and the light hadn't even come on yet when I pulled into the filling station and took on 23 gallons at $1.79 each. Boy was my wallet happy! That completed tank averaged 12.8 MPG @ 35 MPH and delivered a new record of $0.14 cents a mile (fourteen cents a mile for those of you in Rio Linda)!

Had a wonderful dinner tonight followed up by good preaching at a men's fellowship at our church. It was good to reconnect with my brothers in Christ again.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On Friday evening my daughter had a recital that my wife and I planned to attend which was about two and a half hours away. My daughter left early in the morning on the church bus and we planned to head over after my wife got off work early, have dinner and then attend. Well, things didn't quite work out the way we planned.

I had planned to burn E30 for this trip but topped off at the nearest station with E85, met my wife at the house at 5pm and we poured on the coals for Lakeland; during rush hour no less! During rush hour on those two lane roads folks were in quite a hurry to make tracks and the minimum speed was 85 and then 105 it seemed in those passing lanes that appeared every once in a while. Truck ran great as always but she burned through the E85 like an F-4 chasing a Mig! We arrived 4 minutes late and the needle sat at half.

Praise the Lord, I hope heaven sounds like the singing that those young people performed, glory to God it was awesome! Before I knew it it was over and time to go. My little one asked to ride back on the church bus and I figured while they ate a rest stop, we'd eat at a restaurant. We found a local joint called Ford's Garage and had some delicious sliders. I'm enjoying the company, the food, and the Model A Fords hanging from the ceiling and car parts everywhere when my wife informs me that the kids ate before the recital. Did we leave right away to pursue after them? Oh no, we had to stand in line for 30 minutes and buy $50 worth of t-shirts.

To minimize our delay in arriving to pick our daughter up from church, I took the navigation units suggestion of taking a major highway which added twenty-five miles but promised less traffic and ignoring my better instincts I pushed GO! This route took us into the Orlando area on a Friday night, stupid! but we powered through and finally got the nose pointed south at a high rate of speed.

But now I have a dilemma. The needle was now sitting at the 1/4 tank mark. That meant there was 11 gallons of fuel left. The distance remaining on the DIC was less than the distance to go! I slowed to 80 and then 76 until the two swapped sides. Meanwhile, my daughter arrived back at the church and went home with one of her friends. By the time we picked her up, the DIC gave me 90 miles of range but once on city streets it quickly fell into the 40s. We finally made it home and there the truck sat until today.

Pulled into the filling station today, the one that has E30 up on the north side of town. The idiot light came on on the way up. My oh my, what happened to the fuel prices? E85 went from $1.79 to $1.99 and E30 from $1.99 to $2.15!

Anyhow, stats for the recital run were 339 miles @ 13.18 mpg on E85 @ 80% for $.14 cents a mile.

I noticed while filling the tank with E30, that the little sticker said it could be as low as 25%. Well guess what? 30 minutes after filling up it was at 25% alcohol content. The MPGs were way up (15.9 mpg) but need to burn through the whole tank to see how she does.

The last six tanks of fuel have averaged fifteen cents a mile!

Last edited:
OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, well, well. Killing some time before the big game tonight I looked at the gas mileage numbers for E85 since replacing the cats last year. Excluded were four refuelings that were done while towing and you know what? The truck averaged just over 12 mpg which is what the E85 rating is for the little 2009 Yukon 4x4. So Bonnie Blue with her KO2s and 3.42 gears is getting what she's supposed to be getting on E85. Pretty cool.

Now it's off to the big game! See ya!

Tide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 6.2 and this is pretty interesting stuff. How do I monitor the alcohol content?

Right now I can get E85 for $1.35 or E15 for $1.65(?). How are you determining which one to run? Just off cents per mile? I’m very new to these and trying to figure out what might be best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT