Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last night code P0442 came up again, small leak detected, while the truck sat during Bible Study. Last time was on the 26th of January. Cleared it with the Tech-2 and I guess I have to buy a smoke machine. I have a small one but not sure it would be big enough. Also noticed that one of the Bank 1 Sensor 1 O2 sensors was getting lazy so the pair will get replaced. LTFTs while cruising at 70 were around -6% to -8%. Run E30 @ 25%. While running E85 between 70-80% LTFTs are usually 0%.

Can EFI Live turn off these trouble codes and prevent the ECM from even monitoring and doing these stupid emissions tests? I'm of mind to throw all this stuff in the garbage and cap it off like we used to do.

Reaction score
Last night code P0442 came up again, small leak detected, while the truck sat during Bible Study. Last time was on the 26th of January. Cleared it with the Tech-2 and I guess I have to buy a smoke machine. I have a small one but not sure it would be big enough. Also noticed that one of the Bank 1 Sensor 1 O2 sensors was getting lazy so the pair will get replaced. LTFTs while cruising at 70 were around -6% to -8%. Run E30 @ 25%. While running E85 between 70-80% LTFTs are usually 0%.

Can EFI Live turn off these trouble codes and prevent the ECM from even monitoring and doing these stupid emissions tests? I'm of mind to throw all this stuff in the garbage and cap it off like we used to do.
Isn't that code for a small EVAP leak, which could also include a bad gas cap?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A custom tune, such as what EFI Live is for, can disable the emissions codes. I'd leave the charcoal canister so it'll at least capture the vapors from the tank instead of letting your tank vent to atmosphere. You really wouldn't want this if you park in an enclosed garage. But if anything has a leak, big or small, it wouldn't matter to the PCM.

Last edited:
OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just completed the second tank of E30. Alcohol content was 25% again and the truck went 350 miles and the light came on a second before shutting off the motor to go inside and pay. Last tank was just over 14 mpg and this tank was 15.46 mpg and average of averages nearly 16. This completed tank cost $2.079 per gallon and delivered thirteen cents a mile! WOOOHOOO!!!

Least expensive tank yet!

Anyone else try E30 yet?

Tide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just completed the second tank of E30. Alcohol content was 25% again and the truck went 350 miles and the light came on a second before shutting off the motor to go inside and pay. Last tank was just over 14 mpg and this tank was 15.46 mpg and average of averages nearly 16. This completed tank cost $2.079 per gallon and delivered thirteen cents a mile! WOOOHOOO!!!

Least expensive tank yet!

Anyone else try E30 yet?

Not yet. Trying to get another week of data on E85 then I’ll give it a go.

Hoping to see some MPG increase bc mine is shit right now with E85.
Thankfully it’s ~50 cents cheaper than unleaded.

The 19 mpg tank had to be a mistake. I did do a good amount of highway but that is way above the average.
IMG_5773.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Not yet. Trying to get another week of data on E85 then I’ll give it a go.

Hoping to see some MPG increase bc mine is shit right now with E85.
Thankfully it’s ~50 cents cheaper than unleaded.

The 19 mpg tank had to be a mistake. I did do a good amount of highway but that is way above the average.
View attachment 216198

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What app are you running for fuel logging???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh