Useless Information

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a 6.2 and this is pretty interesting stuff. How do I monitor the alcohol content?

Right now I can get E85 for $1.35 or E15 for $1.65(?). How are you determining which one to run? Just off cents per mile? I’m very new to these and trying to figure out what might be best.

Welcome to the forum Rob. To monitor the alcohol content, you need to see what the computer is seeing. You can get a OBDII Bluetooth adapter and an app on your phone (Torque Pro) or a dedicated scan tool like the Tech-2. I have to drag my Tech-2 out every time I want to know but this tool can do a whole lot more than an app. The app is convenient though.

I would not bother with E15. The motor makes more power on E30 and E85 and yes, I calculate by cents per mile. Which truck did you get? a 6.2 Denali for example is rated for 10 city and 14 highway. At that price for E85, you can dog that thing all day long and not break the bank! Prices just went up here by twenty cents.

This is my first time running with E30 and so far with the limited amount of driving I've done, it should cost a little less to run than E85s present prices. She's still in the mid 15s mpg wise.

Tide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Rob. To monitor the alcohol content, you need to see what the computer is seeing. You can get a OBDII Bluetooth adapter and an app on your phone (Torque Pro) or a dedicated scan tool like the Tech-2. I have to drag my Tech-2 out every time I want to know but this tool can do a whole lot more than an app. The app is convenient though.

I would not bother with E15. The motor makes more power on E30 and E85 and yes, I calculate by cents per mile. Which truck did you get? a 6.2 Denali for example is rated for 10 city and 14 highway. At that price for E85, you can dog that thing all day long and not break the bank! Prices just went up here by twenty cents.

This is my first time running with E30 and so far with the limited amount of driving I've done, it should cost a little less to run than E85s present prices. She's still in the mid 15s mpg wise.

2013 Esky premium, loving this thing so far.

It might’ve been E30. I’ll have to take a closer look next time. I originally pulled up to the pump and noticed prices had jumped 30 cents from last weekend. Went to another pump and realized what the difference was.

So with E30 you are maintaining the same mpg as you would with regular unleaded?

Didn’t even think about the torque app. I’ve already got it on an old tablet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 Esky premium, loving this thing so far.

So with E30 you are maintaining the same mpg as you would with regular unleaded?

Those are handsome trucks and the interiors have gorgeous leather. As for the mileage, haven't driven enough to tell yet.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First tank of E30 is done. Wasn't completely down but was up that way tonight so we pulled in and filled her up again with it.

Truck averaged 14 mpg which is basically what she does on 93 octane. There was about an hour of idling and some highway, pretty mixed bag of driving. Just a first tank so will keep running it and see how she does. Price dropped a little which is good! Motor still loves it and feels great on it so that is good too. Maybe we should head to the track again before it heats up?