Turbo Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya know how you eat an elephant? One bite at a time! Keep working at it and it will eventually be complete. I'm interested in the tuning segment and how that goes. Also, how was the exhaust manifold removal and header install?

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah ultimately I don't really have a lot left it's just time consuming things. But in regards to the exhaust manifolds I think as along as you soak all the bolts before hand it'd probably come off easy, I in fact didn't lol. I ended up cutting it into sections because I didn't want to have to drop the mid crossmember due to all the road grime on the threads. When it's all said and done I plan to do an electric cutout connected back to the factory muffler for when I take trips with it.

Ya know how you eat an elephant? One bite at a time! Keep working at it and it will eventually be complete. I'm interested in the tuning segment and how that goes. Also, how was the exhaust manifold removal and header install?

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Salt in the midwest certainly makes projects less fun here. Are you finished with your hip hop career of wrapping?

Iamjoe123

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Very nice progress. Time spent on heat wrapping everything will be damn worth it to prevent any incidents. Some extra pain and sweat now will save u tons of headache and money later.

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran into some more issues today. Kit is made for a Silverado not quite a Tahoe so the rear AC lines and stuff associated kind of take up a lot of the space for the downpipe, and it also hits the frame rail as well so I'm going to have to take it to a local shop and get it fabbed up. Also the factory plug wires will no longer work with the new manifold. This may be a direct bolt up kit for 07-13 Silverado but for us in the Tahoe world it requires some work.

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that's disappointing. Is it advertised for the Tahoe?
I may need to do some custom wires for my dragster. So if you build your own, please mention whose parts or kit you use.

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir. I'm going to try and tackle the few other things while I wait to get the piping back, tapping the pan for oil return and deciding where to get my oil feed source since my truck has a factory oil cooler, so where most tap it is not available. About to do a little research on what custom plug wire kit to get and I'll keep you posted like you stated previously.

Moving forward! Everything looks very nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17