Turbo Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For sure, but that's definitely out of my expertise so ill be taking it to one of the local shops to handle that.

Getting parts wont be hard...I believe the tuning is going to be the most difficult part

That's actually the kit that I ended up purchasing. I just ordered the kit today with the new Gen 2 manifold and the 76mm instead of the normal 70mm and a 320lph fuel pump.

Hey I have a 04 Yukon Denali that has the on3performance kit . I've had mine for a few years now , its my daily driver . All stock internal engine still , just a small cam and new better springs in my cylinder heads . At 15lbs of boost she runnin 750hp 675tq...
It is by far the Very best kit you can buy for the money . I know people that have went with the other kits and the only difference between mine and theirs is Half the cost...Save your money to spend on your fuel pumps and injectors cause theres no reason to spend twice as much on just as good of a turbo kit
Also the on3kit went together like butter...the whole thing was painless

https://www.shop.trickperformanceproducts.com/Entry-turbo-kit-Entry-Level-Turbo-Kit.htm

http://www.on3performance.com/shop/2007-2013-chevygmc-silverado-sierra-15002500-truck-turbo-system/

http://www.kbracing.net/about.html
[/QUOTE]

I'm not a fan of twin setups. Not anything to do with how they perform or anything but I like the overall look and less margins for part failure that come with only have one set of the parts needed.

I was looking at Armageddon's TT kit but 10k is a bit of stretch...700HP or not. I like a turbo because of the lack of parasitic power loss vs a SC but the difficulty of dealing with install, finding a shop to do the proper plumbing, intercooler, wastegate, oil lines, etc etc and tuning scares me too much. Too many points of failure in my eyes. My Burb is my DD and the SC just seems more practical for a daily driver in my eyes. $6k for a whipple kit and I have 500+ HP. This isn't a race car...or even a show car for me. Then again, to each his own.

Good looking kit but I don't think I would ever go twins unless it was in reference to women. But I appreciate the reference.

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really looking forward to hearing how it goes. I wish there were some sort of package tune that you could buy with these systems. I don't have anyone locally who could do the tune. Plus mine is a 6.2L
It would be really great if the low rpm grunt at cruise and normal driving were positively affected as well. I didn't see where the oil drain goes. Tap into pan?

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I actually decided against using someone in my area to do it so I am using a guy to remote tune it that one of my friends recently used on his cts-v. It will take a little longer that way but I'm fine with that I told him for now I want it to be enjoyable but also as easy on the trans as possible since that's currently the weak link until I 4L80 swap it. But yes you do tap the pan for the oil return aside from that everything is just plug and play.

Really looking forward to hearing how it goes. I wish there were some sort of package tune that you could buy with these systems. I don't have anyone locally who could do the tune. Plus mine is a 6.2L
It would be really great if the low rpm grunt at cruise and normal driving were positively affected as well. I didn't see where the oil drain goes. Tap into pan?

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have turbos planned for my race car. But my tow vehicle is begging for a single. 6.0L Silverado 2500. Just not sure how well we could get it running for cruise speed to keep the truck and 10k lb trailer moving. In the mean time, I will watch you pave the road!

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another 90 degree day here in VA so progress was limited with working outside on th asphalt. I guess I lied when I said I'd have this thing done over the weekend lol. Did get all of the old exhaust system off and got the manifold and crossover pipe bolted up. I'm hoping for some cooler evenings this week so I can keep working at it this week after work. Not to much longer hopefully. IMG_2169.JPG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Another 90 degree day here in VA so progress was limited with working outside on th asphalt. I guess I lied when I said I'd have this thing done over the weekend lol. Did get all of the old exhaust system off and got the manifold and crossover pipe bolted up. I'm hoping for some cooler evenings this week so I can keep working at it this week after work. Not to much longer hopefully. View attachment 202302
It's def gonna be badass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts