Supercharged 416 Stroker Tahoe -The build has begun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your fixing to build one hell of a Tahoe, this should turn out to be exactly what you're looking for between fun daily driver with everyday user utility. With as long as you've been happy with the Tahoe platform, you'll probably end up holding onto this one for quite some time.

I can't speak to the Toyo Proxes ST-III's as they're a relatively new tire for Toyo. But I am a firm believer in the Toyo Proxes ST-II's, I would run those on my previous Trailblazer SS daily driver in a 295/45 and 265/50 staggered set-up and without the ability to rotate the tires I was getting 65-70K miles out of the rears, fronts roughly 45-50K miles (I sold that truck with 197K miles on it). Granted I do a lot of highway driving, but for a "performance" all-season tire they wear great and perform nicely in wet, dry, and light snow conditions.

Good luck on the build and hope the install and process goes smoothly for ya, definitely looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

OP
OP
Dave Jr

Dave Jr

Reaction score
Your fixing to build one hell of a Tahoe, this should turn out to be exactly what you're looking for between fun daily driver with everyday user utility. With as long as you've been happy with the Tahoe platform, you'll probably end up holding onto this one for quite some time.

I can't speak to the Toyo Proxes ST-III's as they're a relatively new tire for Toyo. But I am a firm believer in the Toyo Proxes ST-II's, I would run those on my previous Trailblazer SS daily driver in a 295/45 and 265/50 staggered set-up and without the ability to rotate the tires I was getting 65-70K miles out of the rears, fronts roughly 45-50K miles (I sold that truck with 197K miles on it). Granted I do a lot of highway driving, but for a "performance" all-season tire they wear great and perform nicely in wet, dry, and light snow conditions.

Good luck on the build and hope the install and process goes smoothly for ya, definitely looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
I definitely plan on keeping this one till the frame wears out.
Thanx for the Proxes review, the IIIs are supposed to be even better dry and wet traction. I live in south Florida so snow and cold ratings don’t matter. I just will need all the grip I can muster. They look good to.
I will try them...gonna have to wait till the build done for a review :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll all have to get together again at the drag strip (Moroso) when you get this done and dialed in and Nathan and Randy get there's ready too.

Decades ago, I used to sell a lot of Toyo Proxes and they are an excellent tire for traction and handling.

Shadowchaser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll all have to get together again at the drag strip (Moroso) when you get this done and dialed in and Nathan and Randy get there's ready too.

Decades ago, I used to sell a lot of Toyo Proxes and they are an excellent tire for traction and handling.
Awesome build i wish one day i make upgrade to my car.Thanks for sharing info

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
East FLL shop. I’ll have to be on the lookout for this sleeper. Nice.

OP
OP
Dave Jr

Dave Jr

Reaction score
Received my water pump today and removed the pulley will press on the 8rib and start the trial pulley install tomorrow. Used a liner from an old overhaul, worked perfectly. My press bin if full of fun stuff.
6CB097BD-A1D3-4B1F-8A8C-84B355142B5E.jpeg 25C1F422-8BC1-41BD-AC8F-ABA0F79322F3.jpeg 735353D8-7FDF-4494-80D2-5D9AE50B28D7.jpeg

OP
OP
Dave Jr

Dave Jr

Reaction score
Also received my sway bars from @NORCAL SS! Ordered the level/drop kit and sways on Thursday and already parts are showing up. Hit Tony up if you need any help or components for suspension etc. Fast service and he is extremely knowledgeable.

Last edited:

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would love to check this thing out when you get it all back together.
I went down and talked to lashway when i was looking for someone to tune mine, was a bit far and they would have had to rent awd dyno time to get it done. ended up goin with a different shop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018