Turbo Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LanceD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you getting oil feed and return from for the turbo?
Also what happens to vacuum for brakes and such when it's under boost?

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Making progress! Pretty great seeing someone working in their driveway getting something like this done. Makes me feel spoiled with the shop I have and what I often don't get done. Very cool to watch. Please keep reporting!

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be getting my vaccum source from a currently capped port on the top of my intake manifold so my brakes will not be affected. Also in regards to the oil feed there is a small factory plate above the oil filter that I am going to remove and tap for the fitting supplies. And the return I will tap the front of the pan under the balancer.

Where are you getting oil feed and return from for the turbo?
Also what happens to vacuum for brakes and such when it's under boost?

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the plan. I just told the old lady I would take a break for a while after I get it running and tuned since I've had it for a little over 3 months and have already spent almost $5-6k in it lol

Modified, the 6L80 can easily handle 700+ horsepower.

I envy you for the shop haha the weather is what puts a damper on my progress most of the time I can't stop sweating and it just gets miserable. I'm really hoping to have it all squared away by this weekend and hopefully have it started and at least driveable. I appreciate the kind words.

Making progress! Pretty great seeing someone working in their driveway getting something like this done. Makes me feel spoiled with the shop I have and what I often don't get done. Very cool to watch. Please keep reporting!

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking good man, how's it all coming together?
passenger side looks like its getting crowded - does your truck have rear ac/heat lines down that side also?
anything else done to engine or you throwing it on stock?

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. It's coming along slowly but surely. I do have the rear AC so there's plenty of lines to be wrapped in the area. I'm throwing the kit on stock for now, then hopefully a year or so I'll do the 4L80e swap followed by a cam and turn it up. I was hoping to have it running this weekend but I forgot I have to buy HP tuners as well so I guess I'll probably just have the full kit installed.

looking good man, how's it all coming together?
passenger side looks like its getting crowded - does your truck have rear ac/heat lines down that side also?
anything else done to engine or you throwing it on stock?

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, you're rollin right along.

I'm just glad to finally see someone put a Turbo on a Hoe.
That engine bay shot looks killer with the snail sittin pretty.

It looks great and is coming along nicely.

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you sir. I really appreciate all the positive feedback keeps me going haha. The last few days I feel like I'm almost getting no where. There are a lot of small things that come into play as far as hoses needing to be heat wrapped and or rerouted for heat purposes and it seems like every part store locally only has one of each part on the shelf everytime I go to purchase something to complete one task. I just want the kit to be completely on the truck at this point and just need a tune lol. Now that I look back there are a few additional parts they sell that I would have added to my kit just for the sake of time and headache.

Man, you're rollin right along.

I'm just glad to finally see someone put a Turbo on a Hoe.
That engine bay shot looks killer with the snail sittin pretty.

It looks great and is coming along nicely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont