Turbo Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ran around looking for fittings and a tap today and came back empty handed so I'm just going to order what I need tonight. Did manage to wire up my wideband though so it wasn't a complete bust. IMG_2228.JPG

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been missing this thread because I thought it was another NBS turbo build. Glad I stumbled in!

Brian, what's the mileage, etc. on your PPV?

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been missing this thread because I thought it was another NBS turbo build. Glad I stumbled in!

Brian, what's the mileage, etc. on your PPV?

It is a 2009 with I think 107k. Stock 5.3 with unfortunately a 4L60E. On3 turbo kit with a 76mm turbo a 320lph fuel pump and a set of LSA injectors.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a 2009 with I think 107k. Stock 5.3 with unfortunately a 4L60E. On3 turbo kit with a 76mm turbo a 320lph fuel pump and a set of LSA injectors.

I thought all '09+ had the 6L80E. Is it because yours is a PPV or maybe it's a late '08? I've been shopping for a non-AFM 6.0 or 6.2 to replace my 200K-mile 5.3. Since reading your thread, I'm now considering deleting AFM with a stock or very mild cam and turboing my stock motor. I'd still be under the cost of a low-mile 6.0 or 6.2 but have much more power. If the turbo pops the old 5.3, then I'll just drop in another cuz they're everywhere and cheap.

Anxiously awaiting updates!

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought all '09+ had the 6L80E. Is it because yours is a PPV or maybe it's a late '08? I've been shopping for a non-AFM 6.0 or 6.2 to replace my 200K-mile 5.3. Since reading your thread, I'm now considering deleting AFM with a stock or very mild cam and turboing my stock motor. I'd still be under the cost of a low-mile 6.0 or 6.2 but have much more power. If the turbo pops the old 5.3, then I'll just drop in another cuz they're everywhere and cheap.

Anxiously awaiting updates!

As I thought as well from little research I did before I purchased it. But upon looking underneath shortly after purchase I thought I saw something that said 60 on it but the next time I crawl under it I'll take a more detailed look based off the tell tale signs shown online. I Actually don't have much left on the truck I went today and installed the second piece to the downpipe as well as the blowoff valve and other miscellaneous things. I'm waiting on my tap to thread the pan as well as my T fitting for my oil feed which should be here this week, and then I just need to change the oil, extend the MAF sensor wires add coolant, run two vaccum lines and try and turn her over. IMG_2234.JPG

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can look at the RPO codes in the glovebox to see what trans is in it. Looking forward to see how it runs.

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would be a first. Should be a 6L80.

Agreed definitely should have been I took a quick glimpse and it never really mattered because I had spoke of going turbo but figured i wasn't going to. And then 2 months later I talked my old lady into me buying the kit and here it is.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
even simpler, if the gear shifter has a +/- button its a 6l80
Unless someone installed a different shift lever like I did. Of course the +/ - on mine doesn't work. Shift lever looks good though.