Turbo Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bucky1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do they recommend drilling and tapping without getting shavings into the oil? Lots of grease on the flutes?

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as well about drilling the pan. I've seen others pulling the pan to do it but don't know what is the common/practical method to do it. Though I don't think its too bad to remove for the 2wd guys.

Any updates?

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't really messed with it the past two days it's been in the high 90's here. But tomorrow I should be getting my intercooler pipes back so I will probably install all of that stuff. Then climb under and assess the tapping of the pan. I'm down to small things left once I get the piping back, tap the pan for return get the fitting for my oil cooler so I can run the oil feed, route my wideband cable through the firewall, recheck everything for tightness, fresh fluids and then fire it up. I'm leaving my stock injectors in for now just so I can start it up and check for leaks and stuff until I get my HP tuners, then I'll swap to my LSA injectors and begin the tuning process.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Haven't really messed with it the past two days it's been in the high 90's here. But tomorrow I should be getting my intercooler pipes back so I will probably install all of that stuff. Then climb under and assess the tapping of the pan. I'm down to small things left once I get the piping back, tap the pan for return get the fitting for my oil cooler so I can run the oil feed, route my wideband cable through the firewall, recheck everything for tightness, fresh fluids and then fire it up. I'm leaving my stock injectors in for now just so I can start it up and check for leaks and stuff until I get my HP tuners, then I'll swap to my LSA injectors and begin the tuning process.
How many lbs are the LSA's? Stockers are 29?

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went and tinkered for a few last night. Still need to install the BOV but the little O-ring didn't want to cooperate last night. also the t bolt clamps that come with this kit are a pain in the ass they are barely large enough so every single one is a fight for your life with only 2 hands available trying to squeeze as well as put the nut back on.
IMG_2216.JPG IMG_2218.JPG IMG_2219.JPG

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't get over how big that intercooler and those pipes are! Too bad there's no easy way to put the fans in front, freeing up space for the intercooler to be located in front of the engine how our Buick's were designed. The piping was much shorter. Anyhow, still exciting and looking forward to see her run, I'm sure you're more than ready to turn the key and light 'em up!

OP
OP
ibfreeman88

ibfreeman88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the oil pan tapped for the return today but I have to try and get a larger tap tomorrow so I can put threads in the hole drilled. Actually wasn't to bad at all and I'll snap some pics after I get the fitting in. Tomorrow I'm going to try and find an adapter locally so I can T off the oil pressure sending unit port for my oil feed, then it seems to be all small things. Run vaccum lines from wastegate and bov, check and top off fluids, and re-check all the clamps and fittings for tightness as well as wire up my Wideband. I'm just ready to hear it run again lol I'm over driving my daily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum