Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pickup truck market is in a significant downturn right now. hopefully it will help Yukon builds

I'm not hopeful that GM will be able to re-allocate production capacity that fast. Perhaps for the 2024 refresh.

Muzbomb

Reaction score
My order 2023 Yukon Denali just got picked up by GM today so will see how long this takes for a guy living in Edmonton AB Canada?? Dealer tells me 3 months now.

FostyPine23

Reaction score
Question....

My dealer gave me two order numbers.

1 - my actual 6 digit order number with GM
2 - An allocation group number that's 6 digits long

Any idea what the allocation group number means?

Getting pretty close to 1 month and GM hasn't accepted my order yet. I'm sure it'll be a while. Just excited!

ekordas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question....

Getting pretty close to 1 month and GM hasn't accepted my order yet. I'm sure it'll be a while. Just excited!
I think your allocation group is just the model of the car. My build sheet shows my allocation group as YKNXL which stands for Yukon XL.

CDONNS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it a pretty solid guarantee that larger dealers get prioritized for orders over smaller dealers? Curious what everyone's experience has been in that regard. I placed an order with a dealer in my smaller home town but live in a large city, curious if that will further delay the process.

Pertzbro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a pretty solid guarantee that larger dealers get prioritized for orders over smaller dealers? Curious what everyone's experience has been in that regard. I placed an order with a dealer in my smaller home town but live in a large city, curious if that will further delay the process.
Pretty much. They dont get priority, they just have ordered more in the past so they get allocated more now and in the future until we go back to normal - if ever. They are essentially hamstringing smaller dealers and I imagine dealerships will eventually end up like Implement dealers where John Deere forced the sale of 2-300 dealerships down to about 15-20 corporations that own 20+ locations.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't say prioritized - I'd say larger dealers get more allocations to order more vehicles.

When a smaller dealer gets an allocation, doubt that it gets thrown in a separate category when the dealer actually uses the allocation. GM probably views it similarly to the large dealer that received 12 allocations during that same allocation cycle.

Downside is that smaller dealer may literally only get one allocation - or they may get an allocation for a LS Tahoe and they don't have anyone in line that wants an LS...or maybe they get zero allocations for a Tahoe/Yukon

I could see where delivery could be take longer once it's built as I'd expect shippers to want the least amount of stops as possible

pruittatl

Reaction score
Question....

Mine is also YKNXL. Which is Yukon XL. My In Laws allocation group says "TAHOE" for their 2023 Tahoe

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts