Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RVAHokie

Reaction score
New guy here...been lurking for a while as we ordered 22 yukon XL with the duramax last February, at that time we were told 4-6 months. Then we were told we would likely be transitioned to a 23, which did occur and order for a 23 was submitted in early July. When we updated to the 23 dealer told us they were hoping to see within 4 months....well yea, now they're saying may not be until at least the new year so now they're offering to sell us a used vehicle which we could trade back in whenever our vehicle actually arrives....which doesn't sound sketchy at all....

Frustrating doesn't begin to describe this process....wishing we would have picked one up back at the beginning of COVID when dealerships were trying to give vehicles away but we were shopping for a house so it wasn't smart at the time!
Similar. Had an order for s Denali in since April. Got switched to a 23 and knew it wasn't going to be picked up until October bc I was adamant on ACC. Starting to see vehicles ship with ACC as a stand alone option and on the window sticker and am getting antsy.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New guy here...been lurking for a while as we ordered 22 yukon XL with the duramax last February, at that time we were told 4-6 months. Then we were told we would likely be transitioned to a 23, which did occur and order for a 23 was submitted in early July. When we updated to the 23 dealer told us they were hoping to see within 4 months....well yea, now they're saying may not be until at least the new year so now they're offering to sell us a used vehicle which we could trade back in whenever our vehicle actually arrives....which doesn't sound sketchy at all....

Frustrating doesn't begin to describe this process....wishing we would have picked one up back at the beginning of COVID when dealerships were trying to give vehicles away but we were shopping for a house so it wasn't smart at the time!

has it been built? or has the order even been accepted?
and of course they'd like to unload a used one they sunk too much in off on you...

just my opinion...but if an order hasn't been picked up after several months and the constraints aren't something like RSE which was cancelled for the rest of the MY production, I'd look to ordering from a different dealership. back when we were in the process of ordering I had several dealerships tell me they were 8-10 months out on orders just being accepted.

duckknot

Reaction score
has it been built? or has the order even been accepted?
and of course they'd like to unload a used one they sunk too much in off on you...

just my opinion...but if an order hasn't been picked up after several months and the constraints aren't something like RSE which was cancelled for the rest of the MY production, I'd look to ordering from a different dealership. back when we were in the process of ordering I had several dealerships tell me they were 8-10 months out on orders just being accepted.
"Your order has been submitted but not officially accepted"...

I'm just now learning/hearing about constraints and such so I honestly have no idea where ours stands in that regard, what is the best way to find out about those/what constraints a particular order/build has!? I've never ordered a vehicle before so I'm new to all of this!

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As you've probably learned, there are two things at play here. First, your dealer has to get an allocation for a diesel. Those are at 10% for the remainder of the 2023 model year. If your dealer is on the smaller side, that could be a very long wait. No one really knows how GM decides which dealers get the diesel allocation, but more than likely, a larger dealer is going to have a better chance than a smaller dealer. Then the next thing you have to worry about is other constraints. Are you looking for an SLT or Denali? The SLT luxury package, Max tow and stand-alone Adaptive Cruise (for Denali) have been on constraint for months. There may be other constraints on your order as well. What exactly does your build look like? Yes it is frustrating but there are a lot of helpful people on this forum who are often more help than your dealer.

GTPace500

Reaction score
As you've probably learned, there are two things at play here. First, your dealer has to get an allocation for a diesel. Those are at 10% for the remainder of the 2023 model year. If your dealer is on the smaller side, that could be a very long wait. No one really knows how GM decides which dealers get the diesel allocation, but more than likely, a larger dealer is going to have a better chance than a smaller dealer. Then the next thing you have to worry about is other constraints. Are you looking for an SLT or Denali? The SLT luxury package, Max tow and stand-alone Adaptive Cruise (for Denali) have been on constraint for months. There may be other constraints on your order as well. What exactly does your build look like? Yes it is frustrating but there are a lot of helpful people on this forum who are often more help than your dealer.
It doesn't look like ACC for Denali is on constraint as of early Oct.

duckknot

Reaction score
This is why I am here, and I appreciate the help as these forums are very helpful!

We ordered ours through what I consider to be a large dealership in Idaho, we have the SLT with the luxury package and the max/pro trailering package....so yea, we are doomed! haha. I have thought about reducing what we want just to maybe improve our odds of getting something, but then again I know I would regret giving up a lot of what we want just to get something, especially with how much these dang things cost these days....so I guess we continue to wait! I am hoping (like many others from the sound of it) that sky rocketing interest rates and such will slow demand and free up production....but that could just as likely turn into increased demand for "insert reason here".

If nothing else I'm happy to be learning more about the process so that I better understand it and not just sitting and waiting!

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is why I am here, and I appreciate the help as these forums are very helpful!

We ordered ours through what I consider to be a large dealership in Idaho, we have the SLT with the luxury package and the max/pro trailering package....so yea, we are doomed! haha. I have thought about reducing what we want just to maybe improve our odds of getting something, but then again I know I would regret giving up a lot of what we want just to get something, especially with how much these dang things cost these days....so I guess we continue to wait! I am hoping (like many others from the sound of it) that sky rocketing interest rates and such will slow demand and free up production....but that could just as likely turn into increased demand for "insert reason here".

If nothing else I'm happy to be learning more about the process so that I better understand it and not just sitting and waiting!
Which dealership if you don't mind me asking? We have an XL SLE w/ Duramax and Max Tow on order through Robideaux in Coeur d'Alene. First ordered March 30th as a 2022, bumped to a 2023 at the end of June and still waiting at status 1100 as of today...

duckknot

Reaction score
Which dealership if you don't mind me asking? We have an XL SLE w/ Duramax and Max Tow on order through Robideaux in Coeur d'Alene. First ordered March 30th as a 2022, bumped to a 2023 at the end of June and still waiting at status 1100 as of today...
We ordered through Dave Smith!

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yeah, so as I said, that could explain much of your delay. But the good news is that SLT Luxury package and Max tow appear to be off constraint now. Now you will just be waiting for that diesel allocation :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts