Those with 2023 orders and updates.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So as some of you know, I currently have a Yukon XL base Denali (diesel) order that was accepted a couple weeks ago and it is sitting at status "3000", waiting for a TPW. Well to my surprise I got a call from a Chevy dealer today who told me that my Suburban RST diesel order with Luxury package and Max tow was accepted and could move forward if I wanted. I will probably pass on it but there is a part of me that is really tempted to move forward. While I might lose about $1K with the deposit on the Denali, I would still save almost $8K between the price of the Suburban and the price of the Denali. Obviously there are some nice things I get with the Denali, but are they really worth $8K to me? I'll talk to my wife about it but I know she likes the looks of the Yukon much more, so will probably stick with that. I guess the good news is that things seem to be loosening up a bit.
If it were me I'd say save the money! That money buys a lot of diesel and add-ons (floormats, roof rack bars, etc.) I know not everyone will agree with me but after driving our Yukon XL SLE Duramax for a week, every time we're in it it's like "This is sooo nice, what more could one even get with a higher trim level?" Now I know things like leather, memory seats, power-fold seats, adaptive cruise, etc. come with the higher trim level, but is it worth $10-20K more? I guess my point is even the base trim level is so well equipped that if you were to drop one trim level and save close to $10K, I'd say go for it - you won't miss those features THAT much.

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the call yesterday that my dealer got the 3.0 allocation that was holding up my 23 Yukon XL 3.0 Max Tow/Air Ride/Adaptive Cruise. Expecting TPW to be the first week of January-- I've only been waiting at 2000 status since February

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it were me I'd say save the money! That money buys a lot of diesel and add-ons (floormats, roof rack bars, etc.) I know not everyone will agree with me but after driving our Yukon XL SLE Duramax for a week, every time we're in it it's like "This is sooo nice, what more could one even get with a higher trim level?" Now I know things like leather, memory seats, power-fold seats, adaptive cruise, etc. come with the higher trim level, but is it worth $10-20K more? I guess my point is even the base trim level is so well equipped that if you were to drop one trim level and save close to $10K, I'd say go for it - you won't miss those features THAT much.
Yeah, I hear you. If I were the only decision maker I would switch to the RST. I like the looks of it and as you say, that money can buy a lot of things. But it seems my wife really likes the Denali that much more so we are going to stick with that. I told the Chevy dealer to keep my order in their system so I can always circle back later if it doesn't work out with the Denali. I suspect the next allocation might not be so hard to get as things appear to be loosening up.

Finally got the call yesterday that my dealer got the 3.0 allocation that was holding up my 23 Yukon XL 3.0 Max Tow/Air Ride/Adaptive Cruise. Expecting TPW to be the first week of January-- I've only been waiting at 2000 status since February
Congrats! Sounds like you and I could end up having the same TPW.

duckknot

Reaction score
Still no update on our order, and the dealer we have it through from what I can tell hasn't had a 3.0 allocation in months. Our sales guy has also been really spotty with communication/responding to emails so I have started looking around at other dealers to explore options.

coopdel4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Spoke with our sales guy today who says our 23 XL Denali is due to hit their lot this Sunday 12/18. Test drive, finance paperwork and accessory confirmation Monday then take delivery Tuesday. Does anyone have any feedback on accessories that I should/shouldn't have them install? Right now they are on the hook for wheels, roof rack and all weather mats. Any others I should add while they have it in the shop?

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke with our sales guy today who says our 23 XL Denali is due to hit their lot this Sunday 12/18. Test drive, finance paperwork and accessory confirmation Monday then take delivery Tuesday. Does anyone have any feedback on accessories that I should/shouldn't have them install? Right now they are on the hook for wheels, roof rack and all weather mats. Any others I should add while they have it in the shop?
When did you order your vehicle?

duckknot

Reaction score
Anybody on the west coast having luck with orders getting picked up? According to the inventory page on GMC it appears a few dealers within our range have had an influx of allocations, but then others have gotten nothing.....I'm trying to make sense of this whole system....but as of yet have not been able to!

Last edited:

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody on the west coast having luck with orders getting picked up? According to the inventory page on GMC it appears a few dealers within our range have had an influx of allocations, but then others have gotten nothing.....I'm trying to make sense of this whole system....but as of yet have not been able to!
I'm not on the west coast (in AZ) but I don't think anyone on this forum can explain how the allocation process works. Only an insider within GM could do that and they never would because that could potentially harm some dealers. I will say that larger volume dealers will get more allocations than smaller dealers. If you have an order in with a smaller dealer you could be waiting for a very long time, especially if you have a hard to find option like the diesel engine. My dealer seems to be getting regular allocations (took less than 2 months for a diesel) but my order with a very small dealer is still sitting there since June. My only advice is shop multiple dealers and the bigger the better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts