Tahoe Totaled..today heavy vandalism

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yuccales

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
People just don't have any respect for other people's property. People suck!

Yep, pretty much this! Picked mine up Friday after having a door ding fixed. Co-workers insurance took care of it. $1068.00. Hopefully hang on to his door a bit tighter. OP, hope you get it all worked out.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers will spend as little as possible to fix a car to sell it. My wife worked at a ford dealer and this was done on used cars quit often.
This is California inspections are required before sale..

if there is a safety issue found by the buyer and reported can lead to nasty fines from the state and/or loss of dealers license..
which means your out of business ..

That is why they fixed the gas tank filler issue for free. I was going to report it to the DMV
That is a serious safety issue they try to downplay it like, oh those are metal screws they use ..

lol how stupid do they think I am??
they are double electrically insulated screws ( ultra high electrical resistance coating)
(the 2008 version was single insulated, 2018 revised version is double insulated)

(they are isolated from the chassis ground to prevent spark )

but it only takes one static spark to ignite the fuel...

Last edited:

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The marks look like they came from something with sharp/firm edges. Like a back pack, computer bag, soft lunch boxes... That is no accident. It takes an effort to press against the paint.

They rub it against the paint. In some insurance coverage's, vandalism has no deductible for a repaint, or major buff-out.

Get a $40.00 security camera and mount somewhere near it. ( Clear for a good distance, you move the lens via smart phone.... It saves the video) Then you get $10,000 back from the vandal.

hagar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The marks look like they came from something with sharp/firm edges. Like a back pack, computer bag, soft lunch boxes... That is no accident. It takes an effort to press against the paint.

They rub it against the paint. In some insurance coverage's, vandalism has no deductible for a repaint, or major buff-out.

Get a $40.00 security camera and mount somewhere near it. ( Clear for a good distance, you move the lens via smart phone.... It saves the video) Then you get $10,000 back from the vandal.

Or maybe the old owner banged some ***** with bedazzled Jeans against it? Lots of possibilities.

mikemcc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
cost more to to paint then its worth. cost 10,000 to repaint the whole thing. black paint doesn't blend very well like other colors do..

Black is black you can panel paint without blending. pure black is the only color you do not have to blend trust me I painted cars for a living

Anxo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Some nasty person indeed,need to take action with some on board or fixed cams and catch the pest,I had some previous experiences like that.

Bigtangledmess

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
unfortunately my suv was vandalized
paint/ keyed scraped to hell :(
looks awful... :( so sad I only had it a month :(

some dick head has been putting scratches every few days

4-5 new ones today...... the whole side of the driver side is scrapped up front to back...

the last photo is when i bought it, it was in good shape

View attachment 219901 View attachment 219902 View attachment 219903 View attachment 219904 View attachment 219905
Invest into a hunters game camera. Attach it in the side windows. Or in the wheel well at an upward angle to view side panels/door area of the vehicle. The sensors will trigger it to record. Grabs great evidence (time and date stamped) to turn over to the police or for civil action.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rddixon

Latest posts