03 GMC Yukon Totaled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeffs5-3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
October 6th 2023
My truck was unfortunately totaled early morning on my way to work by some distracted driver who ran the light going 40mph and didn’t bother looking at the street lights. Street lights were out on the main cross streets so we had to resort to 4 way stop method as it was my turn to go a lady who was more then likely on her phone didn’t noticed the traffic lights were out and unfortunately clipped me in the front passenger side of my Truck and behind her another truck had clipped me in the rear passenger side of my truck. I immediately broke down as this was my first ever project truck that meant so much to me and it was all taken away by some incompetent idiot who couldn’t bother to look up for 1 second and see this giant SUV crossing the road. The lady had immediately tried blaming me for the cause of the accident saying I was speeding and all but of course she saw me as a young driver and thought this was gonna be an easy win and an easy pay day for her but thankfully I had installed a dashcam as soon as I purchased the truck. I’m blessed to live to see another day but unfortunately I lost the one thing I was passionate about and I will always be grateful for that thanks to that truck. She may have lasted me only 4 months but those 4 months I spent with it made me happy.

Attachments

• IMG_3388.jpeg
    IMG_3388.jpeg
    632.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3389.jpeg
    IMG_3389.jpeg
    522.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3390.jpeg
    IMG_3390.jpeg
    548.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3391.jpeg
    IMG_3391.jpeg
    548.3 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
Jeffs5-3

Jeffs5-3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dang, so which one hit you? I'm guessing the blue car since the right front damage of yours matches the left front damage on hers.
Blue car hit me since she ran the light the white truck ran the light too but guess he was following close to the blue car so he clipped me on the rear at the same time

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the loss man..

I gotta say, your GMT vs that Hyundai.. I would be expecting absolute carnage on the Hyundai!

Time to look for a new Ride.. Maybe a Denali or Esky?

OP
OP
Jeffs5-3

Jeffs5-3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for the loss man..

I gotta say, your GMT vs that Hyundai.. I would be expecting absolute carnage on the Hyundai!

I like the Denalis but something about the front end just doesn’t suit me I like the stock front end on mine I was planning on going Sierra 2500 hd front end on it too but I looked at a lot of Yukon with the stock front and it looked pretty clean. I’m hoping to get something similar to what I had before tho same year if not 06

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the Denalis but something about the front end just doesn’t suit me I like the stock front end on mine I was planning on going Sierra 2500 hd front end on it too but I looked at a lot of Yukon with the stock front and it looked pretty clean. I’m hoping to get something similar to what I had before tho same year if not 06
Lot of cheap supervisor ppvs out there right now

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That sux. Maybe you could buy another project tahoe and use your current one as a parts donor. I'm glad your dash cam came in handy. Always easy to blame the young driver when it isn't always their fault.

OP
OP
Jeffs5-3

Jeffs5-3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry for the loss man..

I like the Denalis but something about the front end just doesn’t suit me I like the stock front end on mine I was planning on going 2500 hd front end on it too but I looked at a lot of Yukon with the stock front and it looked pretty clean. I’m hoping to get something similar to what I had

OP
OP
Jeffs5-3

Jeffs5-3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That sux. Maybe you could buy another project tahoe and use your current one as a parts donor. I'm glad your dash cam came in handy. Always easy to blame the young driver when it isn't always their fault.
Dash cams come in handy for sure police officer put them both at fault but now I’m just waiting for the insurance to total out my truck completely and that’s dragging

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar