Tahoe Totaled..today heavy vandalism

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unfortunately my suv was vandalized
paint/ keyed scraped to hell :(
looks awful... :( so sad I only had it a month :(

some dick head has been putting scratches every few days

4-5 new ones today...... the whole side of the driver side is scrapped up front to back...

the last photo is when i bought it, it was in good shape

20190329_183158.jpg 20190329_183207.jpg 20190329_183213.jpg 20190329_183236.jpg 20190220_170743.jpg

Last edited:

cycho

Reaction score
Those scratches look odd. Not like someone walked by with a key or screwdriver. There's no symmetry to them.
Like scratched from bushes ar holding a shopping bag up against the side while unlocking the door or when an animal is happy to see you and jumping on the side.

A camerawould be a good idea. Is this happening at home or at work. At home you would have lots of options as to where to place a camera out side of the vehicle. At work it would probalby have to be high on the rearview mirror as suggested. Man that DOES SUCK!

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only beef is with the person that use to park in my spot (The spot is assigned to me and has been for a year) (all spots are assigned) since my APT is set for 2 parking spaces(if some one has 1 parking space they can ask for a second space)

so if another car parks there I can call the tow company and have them towed away.. at any time

I have not had them towed away yet but I can if I need to do so...

this person likes this spot since it's close to his APT

I just let it go tell i had my car..did not care at the time..

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those scratches look odd. Not like someone walked by with a key or screwdriver. There's no symmetry to them.
Like scratched from bushes ar holding a shopping bag up against the side while unlocking the door or when an animal is happy to see you and jumping on the side.

A camerawould be a good idea. Is this happening at home or at work. At home you would have lots of options as to where to place a camera out side of the vehicle. At work it would probably have to be high on the rearview mirror as suggested. Man that DOES SUCK!
nah I don't scrape up against bushes
(there is only bushes behind were i park any ways) I'm not that clumsy, and I can see just fine...

even then I have it parked perfectly so i don't even hit them while opening the tail gate.. 1 to 2 inches to spare every time (rarely use it anyways)

I have a mark on the ground to line it up perfectly so as soon as i line up the mark with the bumper on the rear camera I know that is the spot to stop at

if it was on the passenger side maybe ..that can happen
it's happing at home.. since the new ones popped up overnight while parked..

there is two perfectly parallel ones on the driver door...

I don;t have full coverage so i pretty ***** on having to pay out of pocket for repairs

Last edited:

cycho

Reaction score
Looks like who ever is doing it is running thier purse or bag across/up and down the side or something like that. Time for an all night vigil or a camera. Sorry to hear about this.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow that sucks :(

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can always try the acetone to fix it and add some paint with it

I saw my friend do this on his moms car when he side swiped the car on a pole she did not even notice it tell like 3 months later...