Tahoe Totaled..today heavy vandalism

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dealers / detailers will use a colored wax that hides the scratches and it will last about a month and wears off, and then you see the old scratches.
If done correctly the correction will be permanent. What you’re describing would be a waste of money

massivespl

I'm not mean, I'm honest.
Reaction score
Those are barley even scratches. That shit buff right out. The ****? if it’s totaled then let me buy it off you for cheap. I’ll bring u cash right now for the low

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealers / detailers will use a colored wax that hides the scratches and it will last about a month and wears off, and then you see the old scratches.

ouch that is just bs they need to buy it back ... if that is true

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hit it with a good compound like Meguiars Ultimate Compound and a moderately aggressive pad on a DA polisher. I'd bet that you can make most of the scratches disappear.

But first, try parking elsewhere and see if you notice any difference in terms of new scratches.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at the pics it really looks like it was waxed over to hide the scratches at some point and maybe that coating has worn off and exposed the existing scratches? The paint appears to be badly swirl marked + scratched.
I had a paint flaw on the drivers side back door of my brand new 2017 Blue Denali Ultimate truck it showed up like a sore thumb in the bright sunlight. The GM body shop buffed it out. Looked good the 1 year that I kept the truck after they worked on it, heck it may look bad again now but I do not own it anymore.
IMG_3567.JPG

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah they buffed out I used nufinish... lotta work though we'll see how long it last

MajorJakkov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. are you sure you didn't accidentally cause the damage when pressure washing the paint at the car wash?

2. if the previous owner/dealer covered the scratches with a tinted wax and you pressure washed it clean, you most likely stripped the wax and uncovered the scratches

i agree with the others that mentioned the scratches look weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65