Tahoe Totaled..today heavy vandalism

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hagar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It isnt just the deep scratches setting the possibility of it being old damage covered up.. look at the paint around it.. looks just like every other neglected vehicle I have seen with paint like that. Looks like someone washed the thing with 500 grit sand paper. It isnt scratches on nice paint, it is scratches on a ratchet paint.

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks like it did well I'll keep an eye on it

20190403_153346.jpg 20190403_153351.jpg 20190403_153356.jpg

Costal_Cat

Reaction score
Just reading through this thread and seeing the picture of it pre-purchase I can almost guarantee it was waxed with colored wax. Too many swirls for this ALL to be recent. I'm not saying that there might not be some new one but this is typical of a black car not being taken care of well. One thing that clued me in was washing it with a power washer that will certainly remove the wax from the cover-up. If it were me here is what I would do. Take it to a good detailer who can clay bar it, machine buff and condition it. See how that looks and then if your still bothered by it have them color wax it or ask them what they suggest. After that, you could even do a sealer but what you can't do it use that power washer on it. If you have limited access to water to hand wash I suggest you try doing a water-free wash. Now before folks get up in arms about this you do use some water but very little and the products continue to add sealer, enhancer, and conditioner to the paint. This is my business partners mini that he races a lot and the paint takes a beating. He lives in Queens and only uses the water free method I noted and you can see the results. That removes track and NYC grime.
signal-2019-03-31-102320.jpg

This is his 2009 Forrester when he got it the paint was a mess swirls and scratches abound. This one was bad enough I even told him to paint it... He did just what I explained above and then does the same type of washing once a month..
signal-2018-10-23-195259.jpg
All in with all the products for the water wash, utensils, and detail about $1,500 per car...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts