Scraping grinding noise in rear end somewhere.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yes just not sure how to do all that I’m not a mechanic and it’s cold as hell in South Dakota right now.
Ear plugs and crank radio volume.

If is noise from park brake shoes/hardware, then do not use the park brake till figure it out. I drove mine that way for almost 3 months and then fixed.

I would not want to be a tech/mechanic in S.D. either, unless garage heat works great.

I been to Sturgis about half a dozen times. Great state.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ear plugs and crank radio volume.

If is noise from park brake shoes/hardware, then do not use the park brake till figure it out. I drove mine that way for almost 3 months and then fixed.

I would not want to be a tech/mechanic in S.D. either, unless garage heat works great.

I been to Sturgis about half a dozen times. Great state.
Any way I can narrow it down and know for sure? I checked my u joint but it feels solid. Doesn’t turn and doesn’t have any slop in it. Not much knowledge on park brake.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Any way I can narrow it down and know for sure? I checked my u joint but it feels solid. Doesn’t turn and doesn’t have any slop in it. Not much knowledge on park brake.
You can drive and hear it and apply the park brake ever so lightly, while still moving, and see if noise changes. My noise would go completely away.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
There is always a slight bit of flex to components bolted to or working with hubs, front or rear. Very easily could be a pad thickness sensor as well.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is always a slight bit of flex to components bolted to or working with hubs, front or rear. Very easily could be a pad thickness sensor as well.
I figured the front pads would go before the back unless only front ones were changed. That would be weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts