Scraping grinding noise in rear end somewhere.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, you are original owner and know the brake maintenance from day one?
No I’m the third owner.

I would just assume if you change your pads, you change them all

So far, I’m thinking it’s a rock stuck in the rotor and back plate, or the wheel bearing is going out.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No I’m the third owner.

So far, I’m thinking it’s a rock stuck in the rotor and back plate, or the wheel bearing is going out.
Typically, most rigs/trucks will wear the front pads twice as fast as the rears. The fronts do most of the braking when applying/using brakes.

the 18th letter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I’m the third owner.

Most folk fix things as they break. There was definitely a time when if the front brakes were squeaking I wouldn’t even ask to have the back checked. I’m a different person now

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turns out it was a rock after all.

But got new issues, was told rear shocks need to replaced because they are leaking. Also for some reason it smells like gas really bad in the truck. I hope they didn’t spill gas on them selves and then sit in my truck. It reeks.

Any ways here’s my shocks.
IMG_0377.jpeg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Slight seepage and especially since that is the worst, it is not critical. I would be more worried about the rust.

If rust is that bad, could have a fuel leak up on the top of fuel tank. But, you are saying that never smelled fuel before the shop looked at the truck?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019