Giving up with this grinding noise in v4….

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@iboughtatahoe23 I thought you already decided you were going to go with an AFM delete because you found that the problem doesn't happen when AFM isn't used?
yea but I was trying to figure out exactly what it is. I’m still going for the AFM disabler plug in. I said I wasn’t just gonna throw big money at lifters if it’s possibly not even the lifters. After the recent diag, they just found another issue, they saying my steering pump pulley makes noise or something but it steers just fine. They quoted me $500 for that… and it’s like what? I came here for a totally different issue not related to steering.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea but I was trying to figure out exactly what it is. I’m still going for the AFM disabler plug in. I said I wasn’t just gonna throw big money at lifters if it’s possibly not even the lifters. After the recent diag, they just found another issue, they saying my steering pump pulley makes noise or something but it steers just fine. They quoted me $500 for that… and it’s like what? I came here for a totally different issue not related to steering.

This would disable AFM for a fraction of the cost and you wouldn't have to tend to a device occupying your OBD port or possibly having another device drawing battery power when parked.

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember someone recocnending that. However it’s a bit inconvenient to send your PCM to someone as I need my car to get around. It’s my only car. Not to mention the turn around time…

I found a plug in disabler for $80 ‍♂️ has good reviews so it must work.

Also been driving in “M” because it disables AFM.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@iboughtatahoe23 Ive been thinking about this all day and have been listening to the video of the sound. Certainly a strange sound I’ve never heard anyone complain about.

Does the sound happen when you have the AC turned off?

I agree that it doesn’t seem like the sound is coming from inside the engine. I am not sure what else happens when AFM activates

OP
OP
iboughtatahoe23

iboughtatahoe23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@iboughtatahoe23 Ive been thinking about this all day and have been listening to the video of the sound. Certainly a strange sound I’ve never heard anyone complain about.

Does the sound happen when you have the AC turned off?

I agree that it doesn’t seem like the sound is coming from inside the engine. I am not sure what else happens when AFM activates
I rarely use my AC. I can’t really say.

CocobrownLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you can find someone that has a hp tuner. Pay the $100 credit plus what they charge you to do the ten minute job and just disable the AFM. I’ve had it disabled for over two years now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts