Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple shots of the engine bay and you can kinda see the front suspension in the second one @NathanJax. It was layed out and I was too lazy to air it up but I'll do that soon. You can see the prop rod I'm using temporarily; I have an actual one ordered that I can hopefully attach and clip down when not in use. I looked into doing the gas shock mod that I've seen done but with the tubs on my truck coming all the way up to the fender lip there's no room for those. (The springs had to be removed in order to tub the firewall.)IMG_7521.JPG IMG_7522.JPG

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking online to see if it's as easy to program fobs on the NNBS as it was on the NBS since I only have one key and one fob and want a spare set. Then I saw a YouTube video on adding remote start to a Silverado when it has RPO code AP3 which means remote start was added at the factory but your remote might not be programmed for it. Mine has that RPO. Then I noticed my remote has a fourth button but since all the symbols are gone I couldn't see that it's for the remote start. I gave it a try and no sh*t I have that function and didn't even know it. So I ordered 2 new fobs with the remote start for $19.50 on Amazon Prime. They will be here Tuesday.
51NUw-uHPUL.jpg

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck Red! You got a genuine Texas truck. Guys seem to love the Billet Intros. That rear end work looks like the shop called Ekstensive does. They have a show on Velocity and the work looks quality, but i doubt its cheap. Should be fun weekend warrior.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice truck Red! You got a genuine Texas truck. Guys seem to love the Billet Intros. That rear end work looks like the shop called Ekstensive does. They have a show on Velocity and the work looks quality, but i doubt its cheap. Should be fun weekend warrior.
Actually it's by a shop called All Star Customs who also do great work , also in Texas. The PO told me what he paid to have it bagged and bodied and no it wasn't cheap. He dumped alot of cash into the truck.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After some research I settled on a Pioneer AVH-1330NEX head unit. It was relatively inexpensive for an Apple Car Play unit and gets great reviews. I bought it from Crutchfield; I've had good experiences with them in the past. I ordered the recommended parts needed for all functions in the truck; Metra dash mount and antenna adapter; iDatalink ADS-MRR steering wheel control adapter + radio replacement module and the iDatalink HRN-RR-GM5 wiring harness. I like the fact that Crutchfield sends instructions for my specific install which makes it a breeze.
g1301330NEX-F.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup- A totally new frame that's not as tall as the original, with lower body mount locations is how a SFBD is done. Often times the only original part of the frame that's retained is from the firewall forward because it has the control arm mounts and engine cradle and it's all above the bottom of the body. There's lots of careful measuring and fabrication involved, but you don't lose interior space like you do with a traditional BD where the body is channeled to lower over the rails. It's definitely had some hours poured into it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne