Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VDV18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sweet looking ride Red. Pretty clear you need to sell that ************* Denali now :anitoof:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does have it's issues which I'll get into later but I will say the guy that had it built spent a ton of money on it and I think he ran out before he could finish up the last few details. There's a few electrical issues which I believe are due to the fact it had a butt load of stuff done to it like narrowing the rear end, eliminating the e-brakes, replacing the fuel tank with a cell, etc. in order to make the drop work and some of those things need to be eliminated via a tune. Some things need to just be fixed, like the airbag light which I believe is related to the 2500HD front conversion which he had done elsewhere. Who knows. It will give me something to do. It has a 7-gallon air tank and dual Viair 480 compressors so it's instant-up from being completely aired out. It almost jumps up. It will cruise down the freeway or any straight road at an inch or 2 off the ground. I'm still getting used to it; it's kind of cool adjusting until you're where you want to be but I kept getting worried I might hit a dip and bang the frame on the road. The PO did that in Frisco while he was showing me how low it would drive. I have a video that was shot of it on the freeway about 2" off the ground that I'll post up on YouTube. Here's some of the build pics from All-Star.View attachment 191932 View attachment 191933 View attachment 191934

I didn't even catch that it was bodied in your other post. AND it's stock-floored! Hard lines, 4-link, bag on bar... all good stuff. No panhard?

73impala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
26's and actually it rode and drove great. When it's lowered and the air is adjusted to about 40 lbs in the rear and 80 in the front it's smooth as hell. Way better than a typical spring and shock suspension. Of course when it's adjusted up, its not as good but still about as good as stock unless you pump it up too high. The controls are simple too- 2 toggle switches in the dash cubby to the right of the steering wheel and a dual- needle air gauge just like I used on my bagger Harley. The red needle is the front because it's the most important one since if you're going to be turning much at all you need to be fully raised in the front, and the rear is a black needle. It takes a bit to get used to driving in the city unless you want to leave it raised but who does that. You can't be constantly going up and down though or you'll run out of air, and if you can't raise the front you can't turn sharp. Or much at all lol. The compressors fill the tank automatically but they're only so fast.

Pics of your bagger?

Great looking truck only thing I'm not a fan of is the smooth front bumper but would love to have a bagged and bodied truck

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't even catch that it was bodied in your other post. AND it's stock-floored! Hard lines, 4-link, bag on bar... all good stuff. No panhard?
No panhard; I think it has a wishbone but I'm still figuring it out. No side-to-side movement at all when raising/ lowering. Corners and rides great.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
bad ass ride man! and I agree, I really like the wheels! not usually a multi piece guy but they are deff good looking! keep us up to date on pics.