Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The hood vents were one of the unfinished things that were really bugging me. Seems the painter left lots of stuff unfinished. The PO had the Vortec emblems but never installed them because they needed a bit of modding to make them work since the clips and holes didn't line up. Plus the vents had stains on them that wouldn't clean up so I painted them with Krylon Dual Superbond in satin black. I've used this paint on the Denali with great results on plastics. All done; it looks way better. And yes I have the hood hinge covers on order lol. I can't believe he left all these little things undone, it just made it look like it wasn't finished.

IMG_7491.JPG IMG_7492.JPG IMG_7494.JPG IMG_7496.JPG IMG_7497.JPG

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the truck, it looks amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good. Can we get some interior pics, some front suspension pics? This is basically what I will have my truck looking like when done.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice find especially after getting the run around on the white one. Have fun and look forward to more updates as you dig deeper.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice red, i like it. Good luck bud.
Thank you my friend.
Looks good. Can we get some interior pics, some front suspension pics? This is basically what I will have my truck looking like when done.
I'll get some interior shots after I clean it. The thing's a mess which I also don't understand if a guy's trying to sell it. I'll try to get some front suspension pics but I'm also trying to get the complete build pics from All Star Customs. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get pics of without pulling a wheel.
Nice find especially after getting the run around on the white one. Have fun and look forward to more updates as you dig deeper.
I'm glad I didn't get the other one. I would have to do a lot of work to get it where I wanted, and it still wouldn't have been as good as this one. I wouldn't have done a body drop- that's a tremendous amount of work. Plus it was only tubbed for 22's and the firewall wasn't tubbed. This one's tubbed for 28's. I'm glad this one had it all done, and by one of the best shops in the US.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few interior shots. The driver side seat bottom has the usual wear and there's a few things that need attention. The truck's an LT with optional leather and fog lamps. I'll definitely be changing out the HU; looking at an Apple Car Play DD to replace that stock thing with. Probably add a backup cam too. I think the carbon fiber look is aftermarket but it looks OK; I might leave it.

IMG_7502.JPG IMG_7504.JPG IMG_7505.JPG IMG_7508.JPG IMG_7509.JPG

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a few small pieces in the mail today; bed hole grommets and a missing rubber grommet for the engine cover. I have to say I'm not impressed with the way the engine covers on the NNBS are held in place. Super easy to remove for sure but it seems they might vibrate a lot; it still wobbles. Yesterday I cleaned the engine bay but forgot to take before pictures. Let me just say it was dirty as hell. Looks better now.

IMG_7515.JPG IMG_7516.JPG IMG_7518.JPG IMG_7519.JPG IMG_7520.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts