Rocket Man's 2008 Bagged CC Silverado Build AKA "THE MACHINE"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_7499.JPG IMG_7501.JPG IMG_7578.JPG IMG_7579.JPG Another thing driving me crazy is the rear bumper and tailgate. The Po installed and colormatched an HD bumper pad which is too tall so the tailgate doesn't open all the way unless you lift the right side up out of the rubber hinge and mess with it. Plus the paint is already peeling because probably not the right prep for plastic. So I ordered new aftermarket right, left, and center pieces for a 1500 LT. I figure a little black here and there for contrast will look good. I'll pull the rest of the black pieces and paint them too. Oh and hey... got my new Oregon plates today and the title transferred. That felt good. To celebrate, I detailed the interior.

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome with the tint

17 looks so much better on trucks than suvs. I can still see in my yukon, don't like that.

Probably did the hd bumper to close the gap. Looks good, but not functional at all.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome with the tint

17 looks so much better on trucks than suvs. I can still see in my yukon, don't like that.

Probably did the hd bumper to close the gap. Looks good, but not functional at all.
He said it's just the step pad that's HD. It's about 1/2" taller than the regular one so yeah that might be but it's stupid if it scrapes the paint off the bottom of the tailgate when you open and close it and stops the tailgate from opening more than halfway.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Sux. Maybe get some of those plastic plugs and color match them.
I've been getting them a few at a time. I might go to a u-pull it. I kind of like a few black pieces here and there, it looks like it's supposed to. I just noticed all the rubber bumpers from the doors are missing. I found one in the glove box.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
My brother upgraded his rear bumper on his Silverado to the newer bumper with the steps on each end. The new bumper had holes for backup sensors but his truck didn't have them.

I tried to talk him into getting these and putting them in the holes but he got rid of his truck before doing it.

https://truxaccessories.com/led-lig...olution-stop-turn-tail-led-red-white-2-diodes

These ^^^ have red stop, tail, turn, and white backup light capability.

https://truxaccessories.com/led-lig...dual-revolution-marker-led-amber-red-2-diodes

These ^^^ turn from red to amber so you could wire them as red brake lights and amber turn signals. Although on the pickups i believe the brake and turns are on the same circuit.

I think they are cool... you can get either chrome or black surround rings and they should fit in the stock holes for the backup sensors.

It looks like your bumper only has 2 holes but it would still be cool. Coming from the motorcycle scene I am a firm believer that the best brake light is the one that wasn't there before.

In other words a light going from off to on gets more attention than a light that simply gets brighter.

I actually considered removing my backup sensors and doing this to the Burb because I think it is that cool. Plus with the backup cam it's kind of a redundant feature.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, you wanted small things to do to keep busy...
Indeed. And I enjoy doing all the small things that will pull this truck together and finish it off. It looked unfinished when I first saw it, and my first thought was he either ran out of money, time or both. Plus I don't think he was much good at working on vehicles. I mean, he still had a stock stereo in it with his phone plugged into it with an aux cable (which he took with him and after I took off out of SF I realized the radio had little to no reception and I couldn't hook up my phone for Pandora). I was talking to him about what I'd done to my Denali and he said I sounded "pretty handy" lol.

My brother upgraded his rear bumper on his Silverado to the newer bumper with the steps on each end. The new bumper had holes for backup sensors but his truck didn't have them.

I tried to talk him into getting these and putting them in the holes but he got rid of his truck before doing it.

https://truxaccessories.com/led-lig...olution-stop-turn-tail-led-red-white-2-diodes

These ^^^ have red stop, tail, turn, and white backup light capability.

https://truxaccessories.com/led-lig...dual-revolution-marker-led-amber-red-2-diodes

These ^^^ turn from red to amber so you could wire them as red brake lights and amber turn signals. Although on the pickups i believe the brake and turns are on the same circuit.

I think they are cool... you can get either chrome or black surround rings and they should fit in the stock holes for the backup sensors.

It looks like your bumper only has 2 holes but it would still be cool. Coming from the motorcycle scene I am a firm believer that the best brake light is the one that wasn't there before.

In other words a light going from off to on gets more attention than a light that simply gets brighter.

I actually considered removing my backup sensors and doing this to the Burb because I think it is that cool. Plus with the backup cam it's kind of a redundant feature.
I love that idea. Those have chrome trim though and say they fit 3/4" holes; those holes are 1 1/8". I will be putting a backup cam in though and haven't decided where to mount it so one of those holes might be spoken for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sowegatahoe87