Oem black lugs? Any rust issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I’m about to just bite the bullet and grab a set of oem black lugs for $269 online Chevy retailer. The cheapys on eBay are really killing the look on my wheels.. anyone have the oem black lugs? How are they holding up? Are you located in the rust belt? Do you use an impact gun or carefully use a socket set and bar?

any aftermarket recommendations are welcome as well

79C1F41C-5135-4069-9350-6E48ECF1DB15.jpeg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know that you notice the rusted edges on your lugs, and because you know that it is there, it will be on your mind all of the time. But, what about others looking at your truck from a distance of 20 feet or more? Do they see them?

To me, $269 is a lot of money to spend on something that nobody else will notice from 20 feet or more away. I'd put that money toward some other mod that will be noticed by you and/or others. :2cents:

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far I have not seen any of the black GM lug nuts rust. They are a VERY nice lug nut, they're much heavier than the stock stainless capped lug nuts. I have the chrome version on both of my trucks currently and there is no rust and I've had my wheels off quite a bit.

OP
OP
Tonyv__

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that you notice the rusted edges on your lugs, and because you know that it is there, it will be on your mind all of the time. But, what about others looking at your truck from a distance of 20 feet or more? Do they see them?

To me, $269 is a lot of money to spend on something that nobody else will notice from 20 feet or more away. I'd put that money toward some other mod that will be noticed by you and/or others. :2cents:
That’s how I feel. But I just found a set for 185. Apparently they’re oem take offs and the seller has upwards of 8000 positive reviews. I just offered 150... I also hate that the lugs are matte not gloss. If I don’t go oem I’ll probably still buy a new set and look into the sockets that aren’t suppose to scratch your lugs? Doesn’t help that I use an impact gun either. So these lugs probably never had a chance since I installed them

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you're talking about the ones you currently have being matte but I'll just note this for anyone else who find this. The GM ones are black chrome and they are glossy, that's part of the reason they're so expensive.

OP
OP
Tonyv__

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you're talking about the ones you currently have being matte but I'll just note this for anyone else who find this. The GM ones are black chrome and they are glossy, that's part of the reason they're so expensive.
Yeah I meant the ***** eBay ones I bought. The guy declined my offer for 150 for the oem takeoffs lol

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy once, cry once.

There's a bunch of sets on eBay for $180 though. The original kit comes with black wheel locks as well.

OP
OP
Tonyv__

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons