Oem black lugs? Any rust issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyv__

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the number off the set I have sitting here. Not sure what the difference is, GMPartsdirect seems to show they fit the same vehicles.

OP
OP
Tonyv__

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the number off the set I have sitting here. Not sure what the difference is, GMPartsdirect seems to show they fit the same vehicles.
I don’t see the difference except one is cheaper. And maybe 1 number comes with locks and the other doesn’t

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20201114_155437.jpgyou could always opt for the chrome...would not look out of place with your wheel.

Mine has the chrome, and I don't mind it against all black.

Also, the chrome is probably more resilient to rust from several layers of coatings, where as the powder coat can chip and leave raw iron.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have those exact wheels on my Yukon and the chrome lugs and I also think they look good. That's why I haven't changed to the black ones even though I have them.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here...I think adds just enough to an all black wheel. Otherwise they are rather boring to my eyes.

Still wanting a milled edge black wheel

OP
OP
Tonyv__

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 272771you could always opt for the chrome...would not look out of place with your wheel.

Mine has the chrome, and I don't mind it against all black.

Also, the chrome is probably more resilient to rust from several layers of coatings, where as the powder coat can chip and leave raw iron.
They actually look pretty good. Might consider it. Seeing as the chrome oems are closer to $100 vs black

RoyBoy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just a thought but when I was doing PDI’s in a Chevy dealer every car truck Corvette that I did I put a set of locks on the wheels and through the lug nuts in a bucket at the end of the day or two throw them in the scrap metal barrel.I was doing at the minimum 10 Pdi’s a day that’s a lot of Lugnuts nobody wanted them. Find that guy of course you’re gonna have to buy your locks. Hope this can help you .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz