Need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FINALTOUCHFRI

FINALTOUCHFRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update!!!!! So I brought it to a local machine shop that had great reviews. He referred me to a local mechanic that works on and pulls motors. Well, dropped it off three weeks ago and got nothing but the run around because two mechanics quit and one got sick. He was able to pull a valve cover during these three weeks and he said that there was a lifter and a rocker that was bad. He said for him to know if there is any other damage he would have to pull the head. After seeing how long it took him to get this far I told him to put it back together and I will find someone else. WTH!!!!! Now that I got the truck back, I have no A/C in the truck. The blower in the front doesn't turn on at all. The dashboard controller comes on and I can control the rear but nothing in the front. Is there something he could have disconnected when he pulled the valve cover?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update!!!!! So I brought it to a local machine shop that had great reviews. He referred me to a local mechanic that works on and pulls motors. Well, dropped it off three weeks ago and got nothing but the run around because two mechanics quit and one got sick. He was able to pull a valve cover during these three weeks and he said that there was a lifter and a rocker that was bad. He said for him to know if there is any other damage he would have to pull the head. After seeing how long it took him to get this far I told him to put it back together and I will find someone else. WTH!!!!! Now that I got the truck back, I have no A/C in the truck. The blower in the front doesn't turn on at all. The dashboard controller comes on and I can control the rear but nothing in the front. Is there something he could have disconnected when he pulled the valve cover?

Is the rear A/C cool? Nothing other than the coil pack and PCV hose should've been disconnected when pulling a valve cover. The passenger side is a little tight because of the heater hoses, but is still well away from the A/C lines. Which valve cover did he pull?

It could be a coincidence. Maybe they had the battery disconnected during their diagnostics and the controller is a little scrambled and just needs a reset (which, I think is removing power for a length of time).

OP
OP
FINALTOUCHFRI

FINALTOUCHFRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the drivers side had the issue. Rear ac is not getting cold but it is blowing.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the drivers side had the issue. Rear ac is not getting cold but it is blowing.

Hopefully, it's just a minor electronic issue and not a lost charge (leak). As for proper diagnostics of this particular side of it, I'm not the one for that.

OP
OP
FINALTOUCHFRI

FINALTOUCHFRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update!!!!! Just picked truck up from another shop that has given me the run around for two weeks. His price went up every two days because he needs to pull heads off and do a thorough inspection of the motor which he claimed he already did. Is there anyone in the state florida that knows what the hell they are doing. One mechanic says a head job, another says a full rebuild, another says valve and lifter damage, another says just go for a remanufactor and use your old outter parts. These guys are costing me mone with all these damn guessing. !!!! WTH???? Any ideas fellas/gals. I have put aside atleast $3,500 to get this right

OP
OP
FINALTOUCHFRI

FINALTOUCHFRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well while Im looking for someone to work on my motor issues Im stilll trying to figure out why I have no air blowing out the front vents. The indicator shows the fan is suppose to be going from hi to low but nothing is coming out. The ac compressor is clicking on and off and lines are cold but I get nothing in the inside. No air, no heat no nothing. Rear air blows low but not cold at all. I checked all relays and fuses and all appears fine. Im wondering if the fan blower just happened to go. SMH!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne