My New Truck to PULL my boat instead of my Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
instead of pulling my boat with my Denali and pushing its maximum towing capacity. i just purchase a Dually Ford F350 7.3 Diesel.

Yes. i know its HUGE. it has towing kits with Towing control device. which i dont even know how to use.

did I mention it's Diesel

Attachments

• F350.jpg
    F350.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 65

Spencer2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly what those truck are meant to do : pull big heavy things while taking a beating. I bet your glad you dont have to bah on the 'hoes transmission anymore!

OP
OP
longstand

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes i do. iam so happy that i dont have to stress my Hoe any more.

Anyone here know anything about diesel Engine.

Oil was change. and its Black already.. I heard its normal because it's Diesel

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Oil is always black in that truck nothing major to worry about unless you see a large amount of soot running out the tail pipe.

OP
OP
longstand

longstand

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. all the tire match this time.

The Air Horn is LOUD. i dont even want to use it. its Loud inside too.

Its a 1990 F350 Diesel Dually with ONLY 90k.

The RPM gauges dont work. i need to figure how to fix that. beside that everything work

I will put more picture later..

I have no Clue of what not todo or TO-Do on Diesel. Usually i will drop Sea-Foam inside the Intake. but i have a bad felling it will HYDRO-lock it. I think it work total different from Gas Engine

TahoeTaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That engine should last you halfway 'til forever, diesels are nice like that. They work more simply then gas engines, there are no spark plugs. The combustion is from the extremely high compression. I couldn't tell you much more then that, but I know that there's a lot you can do to get more power out of them, for relatively cheap, and that you can get hundreds of thousands of miles on them without having to rebuild them.

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't bother with sea-foam in that diesel, it'll do no good. I would make sure to change all the filters, and keep up on that, diesels do not like to be shorted of fuel. Also, make sure there is no water in the fuel line, diesels have water traps because the fuel is good at attracting water, and the water trap needs to be purged occasionally. Basically, check the glow plugs, make sure they all work, run some cleaner through the injectors, and NEVER fill up when the truck is putting more fuel in the ground. Diesel tanks collect a lot algae and having a semi-truck pumping fuel into the ground stirs all that crap up and it'll plug your truck faster than a bad burrito.

Oil in diesels will always be black, even 15 minutes after it was changed. Just make sure the level stays up and doesn't smell of diesel fuel and seems runny. That is bad. Otherwise, just let it be.

Those old 7.3l PowerStrokes are good motors capable of going 300,000 and more with few issues. Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeSexingStick