Odd error code issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loosenuts13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I replaced the cam shaft in my 2017 tahoe with a L83. Since then ive had issues with codes and other dash display messages. I am getting all of the following messages/codes simultaneously. "Engine power is reduced, Steering assist is reduced Drive with care, Service Stabilitrak, Service Power steering Drive with care" I am getting codes P16a1 (for this code i replaced my throttle body completely and still have the same issue. P0106 (replaced the MAP sensor, Same error. P0456 and P0443 (replaced evap Purge solenoid and still having the same error) after all these im thinking its a possible electrical issue/ground issue but i dont see any grounding issues or blown fuses.

I should mention the truck starts and runs after the cam shaft replacement. It is a little hard to start but i also replaced the cam position sensor and cant relearn that as all these other codes are preventing the relearn procedure. (that is also one of the codes for the cam position sensor)

Im not sure where i should be looking or where to start with this. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. I am not sure if i should be looking for bad connections anywhere or where to begin. Let me know your thoughts.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. I’m just replying to get your post into the “new post” area. Posts seem to get more replies there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnCrag