(Mystery) ABS / TC light ON, Brake press = grinding/jittering noise | 2004 Yukon Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sound like me! Haha I would definitely wait until its too late. This is fascinating though, I will check the hubs. Where are you buying replacements from? A1?
I got the premium hubs (only replacing them once) from NAPA.
They were marked SKF, which I later found out was actually Timken.

At the time it happened, NAPA had a 20% bucket sale for online orders. I was able to get the premium hubs with sensors already installed for the price of the middle-of-the-road hubs.
Plus, they were in stock for same day pickup and no shipping involved.

FYI - If you happen to be AAA member... NAPA has 20% off for October. Today is the last day for that sale, but if you can do it, you can get them same price I did.

Apparently, auto-sensor did not like me saying the word "doing"... I had to say "replacing" to avoid the dreaded asterisks! LOL

P.S.: Sensors work fine on the SKF. No codes ever since replacements were done.

OP
OP
A

acelead

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did the test on both wheels, there is considerable "play" so I went ahead and ordered both front hubs. I will see if I can record a video or at least take pictures of the replacement process.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the test on both wheels, there is considerable "play" so I went ahead and ordered both front hubs. I will see if I can record a video or at least take pictures of the replacement process.
Pick up one set of new hub bolts.

You can use three of the old ones to beat the hub out of the knuckles on both sides, then install new hub with new bolts.

Just back the old bolts out out of the old hubs about a 1/2 inch and beat on the heads with a hammer (or air chisel). They'll pop right out.

I kept the three beater bolts, in case I need to do them again I won't need to buy another set of hub bolts. That... And I put anti-seize on the knuckle and the bolts, so I shouldn't have to beat anything out with a hammer next time anyway. But I am ready, if I have to...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442

Latest posts