My From Start to Finish 6.0L Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still here. Been a very bitter/sweet last several days. My wife headed off to Delaware last Wednesday to be with our daughter and son in law. Late Wednesday, their first child (a little boy) was welcomed into this world. He is our fourth grandchild and our first grandson. On Saturday, I drove my Tahoe and our two dogs to Delaware to meet and hold our beautiful grandchild. Such a beautiful and precious boy. Such a beautiful Blessing - the entire immediate family (daughters, granddaughters and son in laws) were there on Sunday. I drove back on Monday, my little Beagle was not doing well.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now the bitter part of this past week. After a very difficult evening, I decided that it was time to say goodbye to my little friend. Tuesday evening I said my final goodbye to this special dog and my heart is still aching. He went quietly in my arms.

Love You.jpeg

His final night with us. Comfortable and relaxed.

They will not go quietly,
the pets who’ve shared our lives.
In subtle ways they let us know
their spirit still survives.
Old habits still can make us think
we hear them at the door
Or step back when we drop
a tasty morsel on the floor.
Our feet still go around the place
the food dish used to be,
And, sometimes, coming home at night,
we miss them terribly.
And although time may bring new friends
and a new food dish to fill,
That one place in our hearts
belongs to them…
and always will.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now the bitter part of this past week. After a very difficult evening, I decided that it was time to say goodbye to my little friend. Tuesday evening I said my final goodbye to this special dog and my heart is still aching. He went quietly in my arms.

View attachment 394999

His final night with us. Comfortable and relaxed.

They will not go quietly,
the pets who’ve shared our lives.
In subtle ways they let us know
their spirit still survives.
Old habits still can make us think
we hear them at the door
Or step back when we drop
a tasty morsel on the floor.
Our feet still go around the place
the food dish used to be,
And, sometimes, coming home at night,
we miss them terribly.
And although time may bring new friends
and a new food dish to fill,
That one place in our hearts
belongs to them…
and always will.
Man, I’m so sorry. It’s not fair. They are such wonderful, selfless creatures, so full of love. I know how bad that hurts.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I’m so sorry. It’s not fair. They are such wonderful, selfless creatures, so full of love. I know how bad that hurts.
Thank you @Sam Harris - it really does hurt. I was hoping his cancer was a slow version but it turned out to be quite aggresive. He is in a better place. Our other dog, Molly, slept in his spot the last two nights. She misses him too.

20230322_180413_resized (1).jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you @Sam Harris - it really does hurt. I was hoping his cancer was a slow version but it turned out to be quite aggresive. He is in a better place. Our other dog, Molly, slept in his spot the last two nights. She misses him too.

View attachment 395217
So sorry you’re going through this, Bob. I went through the slow version with my last dog and imo I’d rather it happen quickly. We went through several operations to remove tumors and every time he would have to go through the pain of that, the cone, the healing process and then a few months later a new tumor and the whole process over again. I swear it felt like it was taking a piece of him each time. It’s just so hard to see a fur buddy go through that. May your family heal and feel peaceful again. It takes time, I know. I still have a hard time looking at pictures of mine even though it was 6 years ago.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I laid on the floor on a rug and held my buddy and told him goodnight as the vet gave him his shot. I still cry thinking about it.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So sorry you’re going through this, Bob. I went through the slow version with my last dog and imo I’d rather it happen quickly. We went through several operations to remove tumors and every time he would have to go through the pain of that, the cone, the healing process and then a few months later a new tumor and the whole process over again. I swear it felt like it was taking a piece of him each time. It’s just so hard to see a fur buddy go through that. May your family heal and feel peaceful again. It takes time, I know. I still have a hard time looking at pictures of mine even though it was 6 years ago.
Thank you Mark. As you know it's been tough.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Tonyrodz My wife and daughter were with me when we said goodbye. I was holding him by a window as he took his last breath. Sorry for your loss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts