My From Start to Finish 6.0L Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now electrical is something I do enjoy. Ended up wiring 4 additional circuits. One for the bathroom/bar, one for the lights, one for my audio/visual wall and one for the wall outlets. I also wired in the surround system for our basement theater. Recessed lighting throughout.
P3170010.JPGP3170017.JPGP3170020.JPGP3170025.JPGP5230039.JPG

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then the drywall got installed. Not sure why I did not take pictures of the insulation installation. Probably because I was trying to get that done prior to my friend coming over for the drywall. Ceiling first then the walls.
P1010008.JPG
P1010009.JPG
The Bar area.P1010010.JPG
P1010011.JPG
The Audio/Visual wall:
P1010013.JPG

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you mentioned that you are working on a project. Care to share?
I’m making my one-car 1950’s garage a drive-through. I have a huge back yard with a pad in the far corner that could be used as a project area to build a vehicle on but no way to get a vehicle INTO the back yard. When I did a garage rebuild a year ago (?) I made sure that I could fit a rig through, and left the back wall unfinished. So I have been working on that back wall. I now have an 8’ x 8’ opening in the back and will be building a pair of 4’ x 8’ swinging doors to fit. And in one of those doors will be the 30” door that I removed. That’s the plan anyway, I have a piece of steel and an idea on how to make the frame rigid. The idea is that the big doors will stay closed most of the time ( all the time in the winter) and my day-to-day access will be through the small man door. And when I need to move a vehicle through, open the big doors. Here’s a link to the “ whatcha up to “ thread where I posted my last pic.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I’m making my one-car 1950’s garage a drive-through. I have a huge back yard with a pad in the far corner that could be used as a project area to build a vehicle on but no way to get a vehicle INTO the back yard. When I did a garage rebuild a year ago (?) I made sure that I could fit a rig through, and left the back wall unfinished. So I have been working on that back wall. I now have an 8’ x 8’ opening in the back and will be building a pair of 4’ x 8’ swinging doors to fit. And in one of those doors will be the 30” door that I removed. That’s the plan anyway, I have a piece of steel and an idea on how to make the frame rigid. The idea is that the big doors will stay closed most of the time ( all the time in the winter) and my day-to-day access will be through the small man door. And when I need to move a vehicle through, open the big doors. Here’s a link to the “ whatcha up to “ thread where I posted my last pic.
Sort of like how older gas stations/garage doors were set up. In NJ anyway.