My From Start to Finish 6.0L Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Rocket Man - I read a couple of posts, after the fact (lesson learned), on this particular "whistling" issue. One member actually had a code for a vacuum link that made troubleshooting difficult. I do not have a vacuum leak and when I place my finger over the IAS port - the engine will stumble and the noise goes away. I also tried adjusting the throttle plate, the "whistling" (yes - it is an actual whistle sound not a suction sound) will diminish slightly but is still there and again gets louder with slight throttle increase. I'm pretty thorough in my troubleshooting. Like I found out - known issue with this TB. My new throttle body will arrive tomorrow, so we will see if that corrects the problem. I also ordered the 4 bolt to 3 bolt adapter plate for troubleshooting purposes. As you know, this upgrade was for my 6.0L build but I wanted to test it out on my 5.3L. Good to get some of the issues worked out before my final project.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Rocket Man - I read a couple of posts, after the fact (lesson learned), on this particular "whistling" issue. One member actually had a code for a vacuum link that made troubleshooting difficult. I do not have a vacuum leak and when I place my finger over the IAS port - the engine will stumble and the noise goes away. I also tried adjusting the throttle plate, the "whistling" (yes - it is an actual whistle sound not a suction sound) will diminish slightly but is still there and again gets louder with slight throttle increase. I'm pretty thorough in my troubleshooting. Like I found out - known issue with this TB. My new throttle body will arrive tomorrow, so we will see if that corrects the problem. I also ordered the 4 bolt to 3 bolt adapter plate for troubleshooting purposes. As you know, this upgrade was for my 6.0L build but I wanted to test it out on my 5.3L. Good to get some of the issues worked out before my final project.

Can the port be modified? Like maybe file a chamfer around it? It's been a long time since I've looked into a cable TB.

This reminds me that I have an 80mm BBK in the garage. Maybe I'll make an exhaust cutout with it. :p

OP
OP
RAMurphy

RAMurphy

Bob
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can the port be modified? Like maybe file a chamfer around it? It's been a long time since I've looked into a cable TB.

This reminds me that I have an 80mm BBK in the garage. Maybe I'll make an exhaust cutout with it. :p
When I was talking to a Jared from Texas Speed, he clearly stated that they were completely aware of the issue with the Holley TB, although I purchased it from Summit, he was so helpful and knowledgeable on possible solutions. Summit was not, even though I have been an active customer for years. I did try modifying and porting - which helped a bit, but was not the solution. So, I purchased a TB that he recommended. A bit more expensive, but he stated they have had no issues with this TB. Should arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to installing it - so tired of that aggravating whistle.